NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Yeah, getting rid of an oft-injured back whose decreased in production the last 2 years proves you're a joke right?

Rudi sucks and has sucked for a couple of years now.

Apparently he's now a Detroit Lion. Rumor is they're going to release Tatum Bell.

More proof the Lions need a new GM asap.

Johnson is an upgrade over Tatum Bell. Bell is awful, and has shown that he can't find the holes, nor does he have any kind of moves. Johnson is at least a physical back as opposed to Tinker Bell who is a joke of a finesse runner.

Besides, Rudi is on a one year deal, as was Tatum Bell. At worst, it's a lateral move, Kevin Smith is still the starter.

Yeah, getting rid of an oft-injured back whose decreased in production the last 2 years proves you're a joke right?

It does. We were fucking crazy to get rid of Jamal Lew-OH WAIT A SECOND

Johnson being cut when he's been very good over the past few seasons and quite capable of doing it in the future doesn't make you a joke franchise, that coupled with the horrendous management of the Bengals franchise lately makes them a joke.

It does. We were fucking crazy to get rid of Jamal Lew-OH WAIT A SECOND

Johnson being cut when he's been very good over the past few seasons and quite capable of doing it in the future doesn't make you a joke franchise, that coupled with the horrendous management of the Bengals franchise lately makes them a joke.

I agree. Sometimes a player just needs to leave an organization and it is a wise move for the team to cut ties with the players and let them continue their careers elsewhere.

It's funny that you think Rudi's good.

If he were good he wouldn't find himself in Detroit (no offense VP), backing up a 3rd round rookie.

He's always hurt, he's slow and he's not nearly as good as he was 2-3 years ago. And before you start comparing him to Jamal Lewis more, remember that the Browns offensive line is far more superior to Detroit's.

Rudi might be a good backup but to say that the Bengals were stupid for releasing a guy they had no need for doesn't make them a joke franchise. The fact that they haven't been able to build a defense in the six years that Lewis has been there does. But don't go spouting out BS about it being because they let Rudi go....because that's one of their smarter moves of late. Perry's good if he can stay on the field (that's a big if I'll give that much) but even he doesn't, Kenny Watson is there to pick up the load and he had a very good year last year while Rudi was off being hurt. Not to mention that them getting rid of Rudi allows them to open up the offense more and make them more dynamic. Which with how bad that defense is, they could use all the dynamics they can get on the offensive side of the ball. And FYI, Rudi hasn't had a good year the past 2 seasons.

Don't get me wrong, a couple of years ago Rudi Johnson was a beast. But so was Shaun Alexander and look at him; he's absolutely awful now.

And hey, he could have a good year but it's going to be as a backup and it's going to be on a team that is, well, worse than the Bengals.

Edited by Livid

Johnson is an upgrade over Tatum Bell. Bell is awful, and has shown that he can't find the holes, nor does he have any kind of moves. Johnson is at least a physical back as opposed to Tinker Bell who is a joke of a finesse runner.

Besides, Rudi is on a one year deal, as was Tatum Bell. At worst, it's a lateral move, Kevin Smith is still the starter.

I didn't mean to imply that I think Bell is better than Johnson. Believe me, I know how bad Bell is; I had the misfortune of having him as the third-stringer on my Fantasy team last year because no one decent was left, and I don't think I moved him off the bench except during a bye week all season. I had him on my "do not draft" list this season (I joined a Yahoo auto draft league) and haven't checked to see if anyone was unfortunate enough to get him.

What I meant was that there are probably free agents better than Johnson that they could have signed.

I'm not so sure of that, free agent running backs are slim pickings right now, one of the better names I had seen was Marcell Ship and that's not even that impressive.

I think that the hope is that Johnson can come in and provide some sort of complement to Smith right now. With our o-line, it's better to have a guy like Johnson rather than Bell. Of course I think we should have re-signed T.J. Duckett, but that's another gripe for another day.

So with the season starting in less than 6 or so hours I thought I'd give my predictions here instead of making some new thread.

NFCE

Dallas

New York Giants

Philadelphia

Washington

NFCN

Minnesota

Green Bay

Chicago

Detroit

NFCS

Tampa Bay

New Orleans

Carolina

Atlanta

NFCW

Seattle

St. Louis

Arizona

San Fransisco

AFCE

New England

New York Jets

Buffalo

Miami

AFCN

Pittsburgh

Cleveland

Cincinnati

Baltimore

AFCS

Indianapolis

Jacksonville

Houston

Tennessee

AFCW

San Diego

Denver

Oakland

Kansas City

NFC Playoffs

1- Dallas

2- Seattle

3- Tampa Bay

4- Minnesota

WC- New York Giants, Green Bay

WC- New York Giants over Minnesota Tampa Bay over Green Bay

Div- Dallas over New York Seattle over Tampa Bay

NFCC- Dallas over Seattle

AFC Playoffs

1- San Diego

2- New England

3- Indy

4- Pittsburgh

WC- Jacksonville, Cleveland

WC- Indy over Cleveland Pittsburgh over Jacksonville

Div- New England over Indy San Diego over Pittsburgh

AFCC- New England over San Diego

SBXLIII- New England over Dallas

Eli was simply okay. The interception was pretty bad, but there were a couple of drops by receivers. Eli didn't win it, but he didn't lose it either. Brandon Jacobs ran through the Redskins though, he was just pounding them all game.

The Giants pass rush looked good. They really had Jason Campbell rushing his throws. Overall, a good way to start the season for the Giants. They should have won the game and they did.

Back to Eli as usual it looked like.

Redskins looked terrible, Colt Brennan is almost definately going to be the future of the Redskins if they're smart enough to put him in. Campbell seems to be about on the same level as Tarvaris Jackson, average QB with above average athleticism.

Unlike Tony Romeo, Eli plays his best in the big games :shifty:

Exactly. Eli is like the Peyton from an evil parrell universe. He plays average (at best) when things are calm or easy, but when the pressure is on, he turns into this great QB. He'll likely suck next week against the Rams, then drop three touchdowns on the Cowboys. It's silly when you consider Peyton is the exact opposite, slinging 5 TDs agasint the hapless Texans and Titans, and then tossing four picks when he plays the Patriots or Chargers.

Edited by MikelSweeten

IT'S THE SEASON!!!!

And wahey... we're rubbish. But just remember I will be playing the "no Sean Taylor" card for most of this season when our defence collapses in heaps.

We're rubbish!

And...what, the "no Art Monk" card when the offense can't keep from tripping over its own collective dick?

Seriously, Jason Campbell looked like he just saw the playbook ten minutes before kickoff.

To be fair though, it looked like Zorn was completely inept at calling a game. From poor time management to the conservative play calls near the end of the game, it was obvious that there's at least going to be some growing pains with him as the head coach.

Doesn't help Campbell at all. And while there really shouldn't be a huge excuse for him, they did mention on NBC last night that in his past 8 years of football, Campbell's had 7 different offensive coordinators and each one of them have wanted him to do different things, etc., etc.

Still, going up against the Giants defense isn't going to help anybody look like they're an All-Pro QB, especially with how bad that oline was.

Its pretty much unfair for Campbell, because if he doesn't perform well despite the horrid situation he's in, his leash will surely be shortened and he'll have to fend off Brennan next year, who's almost got an unfair advantage of being able to completely focus on one system, whereas Campbell has things keep changing on him.

But its the Redskins and I hate them, so hooray.