NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Nah they're the preimer team for Fox, so they call whatever the "game of the week" happens to be. Usually its the NFC East because the are constantly the national fox game if they have a double header, based on fans and team success as of late.

Won't be calling the Cowboys game this week and I won't seeing it, as its on CBS and I get to watch the wonderful Pats/Niners game instead

I'm lucky enough to normally be living in the same region as my favorite team, the Bears. But being in Phoenix this week it's looking like I'm going to have to miss the Bears-Lions match-up. I wish I was staying long enough Sunday to go to the Cardinals game, my cousin has season tickets.

To randomly bring up a point, but why does it seem that all the current series of commentating teams for the NFL tend to suck? I despise Buck/Aikman, the MNF crew is shit (and Mike Tirico is the Michael Cole of football commentators in terms of how bland he is), Michaels/Madden is only tolerable because Al Michaels is amazing, and I don't remember any of the CBS and Fox teams excluding the fact that Brian Billick is color man and I somehow tolerate him on color commentary.

It seems like they decide to put their best analysts and color guys on different teams. I guess the idea is that two teams of an A guy and a B guy is better than having a "B" team doing a significant game. At the end of the day I'd rather have ONE great team do all of the big games rather than spreading the wealth and having a whole lot of mediocrity.

I completely disagree. Buck and Natz are the voices of their given network. Buck is AMAZING on baseball telecast, and is very good at football considering it's his second sport. He's no Al Michaels... but who is? And Natz's first sport is basketball, followed more then likely by golf. Football is third for him. So considering both are out of their element, I think both do a great job.

And who else would replace Aikman or Simms as the analyst? Moose? The dad from Webster? There really isn't anyone to choose from considering most of the time the networks put the rest of the talented workers in their 19 man pregame show.

And as for MNF, what more can be said? TK is someone you are either going to love or hate. Trico is bland, but in a three man announce team you almost have to have that. The one that gets me is Jaws. He is my favorite ESPN anaylst, but they really need someone with a ton of personality in that booth to offset TK. Michael Irvin would be great. Shannon Sharpe from CBS, Deion Sanders from the NFL network... someone who has a forceful personality, where as Jaws is more laid back. Maybe Keyshawn Johnson?

I'd say the only real challenge in that group is Chicago.

Indy only won today cause Houston pissed the game away, Packers have been erratic since losing to Dallas and if the Falcons can beat them, the Titans definately can.

I'm guilty as much as anyone of being a homer at times, but I don't see how the Bears would be much of a challenge for the Ttians. I guess if the defense puts the screws into Collins and force some mistakes, you've maybe got a case, but the whole team's just too inconsistent right now to really pick them over some of the better teams in the league.