NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

I'd say the only real challenge in that group is Chicago.

Indy only won today cause Houston pissed the game away, Packers have been erratic since losing to Dallas and if the Falcons can beat them, the Titans definately can.

But anyone who's not concerned that, at some point, the Colts can get it cranked back to a Super Bowl level is on some high-potency chemicals. Games like that tend to send the confidence through the roof, and when you add confidence to talent (yeah, they are still a talented team, like it or not), you start getting big wins. I know everyone's dying to bury Peyton Manning, but hold the phone for a little bit.

I'd say the only real challenge in that group is Chicago.

Indy only won today cause Houston pissed the game away, Packers have been erratic since losing to Dallas and if the Falcons can beat them, the Titans definately can.

But anyone who's not concerned that, at some point, the Colts can get it cranked back to a Super Bowl level is on some high-potency chemicals. Games like that tend to send the confidence through the roof, and when you add confidence to talent (yeah, they are still a talented team, like it or not), you start getting big wins. I know everyone's dying to bury Peyton Manning, but hold the phone for a little bit.

But the Colts are lacking a few things, namely a defense that can consistently stop people. Their defense was already suspect coming into the season and without Bob Sanders, it gets a whole lot worse.

Add to that that their offensive line is/was beat up and Marvin Harrison appears to be done, they're a very mortal team right now. Every team in the AFC has flaws though and that could be what keeps the Colts in the playoff hunt, but I don't know if they're an elite team this year. Hell I don't even know if there are any elite teams this year.

Obviously the Giants are the class of the NFC, and the Redskins are looking really good. Dallas is looking very beatable in spite of their 4-1 record, and no one else really jumps off the page in the NFC.

In the AFC the Titans are undefeated but they don't have the passing game to get them deep into the playoffs. I know, I know, the Ravens won a Super Bowl with no offense, but Kerry Collins/Vince Young are nowhere NEAR the game manager Trent Dilfer was. And the Titans defense might be good, but not even close to being as good as that Ravens' D.

I have to do a football pool sheet for work (Kind of a problem since I only make time for hockey) I was just wondering if anybody can help me. I only really need the winning team picked (no point spread) and the total predicted points for mondays game in the case of a tie. If anybody can help, the games are..

Bears / Falcons

Miami Dolphins / texans

Colts / Ravens

Lions / Vikings

Saints / raiders

Jets / Cinci Bengals

Panthers / Buccs

Redskins / Rams

Jags / Broncos

Cardinals / Cowboys

Eagles / 49ers

Packers / seahawks

Patriots / Chargers

Monday - Giants / Browns (total points?)

I took a guess last week and got about 4-5 wrong, so im hoping to do better.

If guessing, I wouldv'e went..

Bears, Dolphins, Colts, Lions, saints, jets, pathers, redskins, denver, cowbows, eagles, packers, patriots, giants.

falcons

dolphins

colts

vikings

saints

jets

panthers

redskins

broncos

cowboys

eagles

packers

chargers

giants

Those would be my guess, no way the Lions beat the Vikings after the game the Vikes played last night.

Edited by Maxx

Those would be my guess, no way the Lions beat the Vikings after the game the Vikes played last night.

You mean the game they should've lost had it not been for a blown call on a fumble, missed field goals by Martin Gramatica, and pure luck?

Yeah they looked awesome. :P

But seriously you're right, they won't lose to the Lions.

While I would love to have Roy Williams, the fact that the WR isn't the biggest need on the team doesn't necessarily make me enamored by the idea of adding either of them.

A RT is a much bigger need because Barry Sims is just bad.

Both Williams and T.J are in the final year of their contracts so Cicny could possibly deal him to San Fran and then resign him in FA.

Whosyourmama would be stupid to go back to the Bengals unless they offered him substantially more money than any other team on the market. The guy would be the # 1 on pretty much any team in the league, he wouldn't have to deal with #85's BS if he left, and he'd be much closer to a ring unless he signed with one of the few teams that are actually worse than Cincy right now.

Plus the Bengals have just invested in younger WRs through the draft. I'd be amazed if they had any plans of offering him a big contract. This is his last season in Cincy, and they wouldn't be stupid to trade him away now since their season is already shot.

Big rumor going around that T.J Houshmenzadah and or Roy Williams will be traded to San Francisco before the deadline.

I would LOVE to see this happen as a Niner fan. Either would be good, though I would perferr Roy Williams because of his ties to Texas ( :wub: ) though the trade may be better to TJ considering he would put up better numbers. However I refuse to get my hopes up about either until I see this actually happen.

I'd rather have Williams out of the two because he knows Martz, likes Martz and knows the system so if Martz were to stay with San Francisco as well, the odds of them re-signing him also goes up.

It would be nice, no doubt, but like I said, they need o-line help more because it doesn't matter who you have at WR if JT doesn't have enough time to throw it to them.