NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Thats good news for the Cowboys and Detroit are even more fucked then when they started off.

And How.

How are the Lions fucked? The season is already over for us, and we got a 1st, 3rd, and 6th for someone who we would have had to franchise and a 7th. It gives the new GM some ammo in the draft and saves us from having a ton of cap room in WRs.

And it's not all good news for the Cowboys. TO is already bitching about touches, so you trade for Roy Williams?

TO hasn't been getting touches cause he's been double and triple teamed, what do you think Roy Williams is going to do?

TO is already bitching about touches, so you trade for Roy Williams?

It opens up the field for Owens, though. Roy Williams is a significant upgrade over Patrick Crayton, defenses will be paying him a lot more attention than they would Crayton which will leave Owens with more favourable match-ups which should lead to him making plenty of plays. T.O., Williams, Crayton, Austin, Witten as well as Barber and Jones coming out of the backfield? Wow, that's the best offense in the league on paper.

As for the Lions, another WR in the 1st round? >_>

Edit: The Cowboys' website is saying the same thing as Schefter in terms of draft picks given up. Seems a lot considering he would have been a free agent anyway. And we've also got a 5th rounder from the Titans due to Adam Jones being suspended again.

Edited by AD

No guarentee he would have signed with us though. And if this group is going to win a Super Bowl, we can't wait for a young WR to develop. We've yet to see how great Roy Williams can truly be, considering the team he's been playing for. If we lock him down for a long term deal he can be our new franchise WR while TO's career winds down.

Yeah.. great. Anyways, signed him as we've had to put Ladell Betts on Injured Reserve. Rock Cartwright wouldn't be able to step up so we've picked up SA on a one year contract.

For one of the greatest players on the go when I became an NFL fan to join my favourite team - seems a bit weird. All we need now is Brett Favre and Ricky Williams and pretty much the first lot of 'big name players' that were doing well when I got into NFL will be at the Redskins <_<

This is definitely going to crop up as a problem at some point. TO is far from logical. Even in the loss to the Redskins, where he had 7 receptions and 2 carries, he still blamed the loss on him not being involved enough. He said, "It's no secret, when I get involved, we move the chains. When I don't, we're more stagnant in our offense." (the video in the link is good too).

Getting Roy Williams is a great move, but TO is still going to complain, especially in games where Williams gets thrown to more than he does. That's not to say that it will cause a huge problem though. TO is TO, and he's going to complain no matter what. It just depends on whether or not he takes it further, and he hasn't been the "cancer" he's been in the past. It's probably not going to be a big deal.

Whereas when we beat the Eagles, Moss didn't have a single catch - but not a peep out of him ¬_¬

Yeah, the Seahawks will just becoming because they'll know Zorn. So there's less learning and stuff to do in the long run I imagine, they can just sort of fit in. I'm happy with it all so far. We're playing well, one bad match doesn't mean the other good performances don't matter so yeah - I'm very happy since we were massive underdogs this year in a powerhouse division.

TO is already bitching about touches, so you trade for Roy Williams?

It opens up the field for Owens, though. Roy Williams is a significant upgrade over Patrick Crayton, defenses will be paying him a lot more attention than they would Crayton which will leave Owens with more favourable match-ups which should lead to him making plenty of plays. T.O., Williams, Crayton, Austin, Witten as well as Barber and Jones coming out of the backfield? Wow, that's the best offense in the league on paper.

As for the Lions, another WR in the 1st round? >_>

Edit: The Cowboys' website is saying the same thing as Schefter in terms of draft picks given up. Seems a lot considering he would have been a free agent anyway. And we've also got a 5th rounder from the Titans due to Adam Jones being suspended again.

I was going to say that <_<

But since when was Alexander a 'Skin? I must start watching PTI more, Seeing as it's shown more than Sportscenter here

Can Roy Williams play CB?

That's a ridiculously bad trade for the Cowboys. A 1st, 3rd, and 6th for Roy Williams? With Pacman out indefinitely and their secondary in shambles?

Wow. That's a Cleveland Browns-esque move. No that's a Detroit Lions-esque move. Totally mindblowing.

I know, I know, it opens the field for TO blah blah blah. Fine. But who cares when you have no secondary and teams can basically throw on you at will?

Edited by Evil Chase K

No but for when people type "Roy Williams" - to distinguish them.

No ones going to watch the match and see Roy Williams receive a pass from Romo and wonder which ones which. But in general talk, especially on the net, it could get confusing.

No ones going to watch the match and see Roy Williams receive a pass from Romo and wonder which ones which. But in general talk, especially on the net, it could get confusing.

I know he's a receiver. I was making a comment about the fact that trading for Roy Williams doesn't do the secondary any good. The Cowboys needs CBs, not WRs.

The difference is our secondary situation is temporary, we've got a few key players injured (or suspended <_<). At WR we've got a superstar, an average (at best) 2nd WR and an emerging 3rd guy and that's at full health.

The Cowboys don't need new CBs, we need our CBs at 100% for once.

Edited by AD

I know he's a receiver. I was making a comment about the fact that trading for Roy Williams doesn't do the secondary any good. The Cowboys needs CBs, not WRs.

Ah.. well..then.. shut up <_<

And I never said you didn't know he was a WR, just thought you were meaning it wouldn't be that hard to get confused with two Roy's on the team.

I'll shut up now ¬_¬

The difference is our secondary situation is temporary, we've got a few key players injured (or suspended <_< ). At WR we've got a superstar, an average (at best) 2nd WR and an emerging 3rd guy and that's at full health.

The Cowboys don't need new CBs, we need our CBs at 100% for once.

All I know is Pacman has been the Cowboys best DB all season. Losing him will hurt, and adding a WR won't matter if their secondary is shit.

It protects their quality at WR though since TO is getting older. While it's more sensible to make this move in the off season, Detroit was going to trade Roy Williams off this week, so if that's who they wanted, now was the time to make the move.

But yeah, the secondary should be their highest priority, and I'm sure they could have made a move for a different high quality WR later. But hey, it's Jerry Jones. When he wants something, he wants it now. Too bad he can't trade for a playoff win.

*rimshot*

Thank you, folks! I'll be here all night.

(And yeah, yeah, I know--the Bengals are 0-5... Shaddup. :( )