NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Brad Johnson has Terrell Owens, Jason Witten, Roy Williams and Marion Barber to throw to. Against the Rams defense. 6/18 with 66 yards and an INT. Fucking beautiful work.

Cowboys are just getting demolished in this game. Half way through the 3rd quarter and it's 31-7 to the Rams. Cowboys just haven't showed up.

Cowboys have an old man who can't move at QB and a patchwork secondary. Do the math.

On a positive note, DeMarcus Ware just got his third sack of the day.

Edit: What the hell has happened to the Vikings/Bears defensive slugfests? 41-31, you gotta be kidding me.

Edited by AD

If the Browns would be so kind as to bring the same team that played the Giants on Monday night to Washington I would be most appreciative. Don't go back to the team that couldn't score and all will be forgiven for embarassing us on national TV.

What an awful special teams play. The Giants just had a chipshot field goal blocked and returned for a San Fran TD. Instead of going up 27-10, it's now 24-17. Ridiculous.

Edited by naiwf

I've been laughing at this the whole way, particularly for Minnesota fans who had been priding themselves on an apparently awesome defence, it's not even that good. Quite enjoying seeing the Bears punch them in the mouth.

DeMarcus Ware has 10 games with consecutive sacks now dating back to last season, tying the record.

Labouring to a shut out over a terrible Kansas City team? Yeah - woohoo!

EDIT: Hahahaha LenDale White just ran for an 80 yard touchdown. Was he chasing the ice cream van? Shows how bad the Kansas defence is if they can't get to him for 80% of the field.

Edited by IAceI

Why don't the Chiefs just let Kerry Collins run for a 70 yard touchdown himself and let him pad his stats? Maybe give up a 90 yard touchdown throw?

Thing is Tennessee have a phenomenally good defence, but an absolutely horrendous offence. Their defence will do them well, but as soon as they come up against a team that can put a score on them then I honestly think they're in trouble because no way does a remotely decent defence give up plays to people like Chris Johnson and LenDale White like the Chiefs have.

We'll see next week when they take on the Colts.

EDIT: Fucks sake, everytime I sing the praises of someone or say something, the opposite happens. I just compliment Tennessee's defence and then Kansas's third QB of the day scrambles for a 14 yard touchdown. Baring in mind Tyler Thigpen is someone who couldn't get a spot on a roster consisting of Brooks Bollinger, Tavaris Jackson and Drew Henson.

Edited by IAceI

So, I'm willing to bet Tony's pinkie will amazingly feel better next week and he'll be starting again

Edited by Maxx

AD point is the whole "quality team" thing theoretically changes week to week. From how I understand it, the Eagles and Packers at the time of their losses to the Cowboys should have been considered "quality teams" But since then they aren't because they've been losing. So what happens if they suddenly don't lose another game for the rest of the year? Are the magically "quality teams" again?

They would, which is why CHFF's Quality Rankings are typically very accurate. As the season progresses, the rankings begin to look very, very accurate, and eliminates so-so teams with very easy schedules ranked higher than great teams with difficult schedules. Like I said, Cowboys fans should be patient, because in the longrun they're going to look much better in the Quality Rankings and normal rankings (which they already look good in).

Which is why anybody who uses the Quality Rankings to judge teams during the season is a complete retard. They're not even accurate until the end of the season, so they're useless until the new year basically.

My experiences with this system is that it begins to become relevant at about the halfway point, which is what we're getting very close to. I think certain teams' situations can make them less accurate at this point (and you could certainly argue that for the Cowboys), but referencing a second ranking system in general isn't exactly completely retarded.

Until it becomes relevant late in the season, yes it is.

Dear God, why does Ian Allen still have a job on Sky Sports? He's so stupid and his analysis is NEVER right. Apparently Dallas didn't get any pressure on the QB. Nah, ignore those 5 sacks. Oh, CARDINALS ARE AWESOME! Kurt Warner HOF! *fapfapfap*

Romo should wait until his hand is fine. The last thing Las Vaqueras need right now is for him to further damage his throwing hand. As it is they're on the outside of the playoff picture right now. With 9 games left they should be able to get in, but if he ends up re-injuring his pinkie then their postseason hopes are shot since that lifelike statue of Brad Johnson that was playing QB will get murdered against the blitz happy defenses he would see for the rest of the year.

I'm sure Giants fans will be the first source of advice Romo and the Cowboys coaching staff will look to >_>

You don't need to win the division to make the playoffs. 10-6 should be enough to get you in the hunt. If Romo misses 2 more games and heals properly you can make that fairly easily. If he tries to play while hurt and fumbles 5 more times, you lose and he gets hurt again, and Old Man Johnson is your starter for the rest of the year you'll be lucky to go 6-10. I'd PREFER for Romo to play at Tampa next week. There's no way he gets out of that game unscathed, and if you lose with him at the helm it's more of a crushing blow to their confidence. Romo's hurt, T.O.'s due for an explosion and if they end up 4-4 next week because the QB tried to rush back and worsened his injury it'll be an early Christmas for me. Basically, let Johnson take the hits next week and then have Romo strap it up against the Giants since that game is more significant to your playoff hopes.

But, by all means I hope Jerry Jones lets Romo play next week and risks the season when the TB defense goes after him on every play.

Say they play it safe with Johnson and we go to 4-5 before our bye. Then we get into the toughest part of our schedule needing to win 6 or more of our last 7 games, three of which are against divisional opponents and also a game in Pittsburgh. It's games against the Rams and the Bucs that we should be winning, there's risk in playing either QB at the moment.

I see what you're saying, but it's better to risk Johnson being your QB for another game or two as opposed to risking him being your QB for the rest of the year if Romo breaks his finger again and needs surgery. The pinkie on your throwing hand is pretty important for a QB and isn't something you should risk because you lost to a terrible team. If this injury had taken place in Week 13 or 14, then you don't have a choice. I just think it's too early to risk everything when you still have 4 divisional games that can catapult you back up the standings, and knock your opponents out of contention as well.

Say they play it safe with Johnson and we go to 4-5 before our bye. Then we get into the toughest part of our schedule needing to win 6 or more of our last 7 games, three of which are against divisional opponents and also a game in Pittsburgh. It's games against the Rams and the Bucs that we should be winning, there's risk in playing either QB at the moment.

I think the Bucs are a better team than the Cowboys at this point. The Bucs defense is absolutely smothering and they have a great running game with a good enough passing game to win games. So I definitely wouldn't say Dallas Vs. Tampa is a SHOULD win for the Cowboys.