NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

I will most wholeheartedly join AD in the prayer circle for Marion the Barbarian, as my main fantasy team will be totally boned at RB without him. I traded off Marshawn Lynch to rectify my QB problem (Aaron Rodgers, in case anyone's wondering), thinking that Barber and Johnson would be a fine tandem with Hightower as a backup. However, Timmy's done jack OR shit since I picked him up, but never both at the same time, and my starting of Johnson coincided with the sudden and unexpected birth of the Air Collins offense. Thank God for Detroit...now if only LenWhale would chain himself to the buffet again.

It leaves me constantly praying that Larry Fitz and Welker can keep getting catches (and vulturing the occasional score wouldn't hurt either, if Moss and Boldin can leave a few on the table once in a while) and hoping that I won't have to go to a four-wide lineup.

And as for Matt Light, if he'd decked a skill-position guy, he'd have probably been gone for at least two games, and possibly the year for a QB. But, it's a linebacker, who's supposed to be able to take it, and Channing Crowder to boot...Crowder, by all accounts I've heard in Gainesville (he's an ex-UF guy after all), is a complete douche, and maybe the league decided he needed a shot in the teeth once in a while? Who knows?

We should probably look to sign a free agent RB just in case now, let's poach Shaun Alexander!

Their other RB, Choice, is good enough (well, from what he did against that Seahawks defense but then again, it is the Seahawks defense ..) so I wouldn't bother signing another RB unless Barber's injury gets serious. Until then, Alexander shouldn't be reached. But that with Ware's injury will damage them a lot, since they've got the rough Steelers to deal with next week.

Well they still need a backup to Choice anyways.

But I wouldn't go out and get a guy who's basically the same style of runner but has a lot more tread on his tires. They'll probably just end up signing somebody off of either their's or somebody else's practice squad for a couple of games though.

Yeah I was suggesting signing another RB to fill out the roster basically. Barber has a dislocated toe, that could be one of those nagging injuries that carries on for a few games. I just don't like the idea of heading into a stretch against the Steelers, Giants, Ravens and Eagles having an injured Barber and an unproven rookie as our sole runners.

And as for Alexander that was simply a joke because of his recent ties with the Redskins >_>

Sources: Burress wounded in accidental shooting

New York Giants receiver Plaxico Burress suffered an accidental gunshot wound Friday night in a club, according to multiple sources.

Details of the incident weren't immediately available, but according to a source the wound was not considered life-threatening.

Fox Sports.com reported that Burress accidentally shot himself in the leg and spent the night in the hospital.

Burress, who was not expected to play against the Washington Redskins on Sunday because of a hamstring injury, was not at team meetings and did not attend the team's Saturday walkthrough.

The Giants organization was not commenting on the story.

In September, Burress was suspended for a game and fined for a violation of team rules, reportedly failing to appear at a team meeting and being unavailable by phone. At the time, his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said that Burress was tending to urgent family matters.

Burress signed a five-year, $35 million contract this fall after helping the Giants to a Super Bowl championship last season.

John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.

Guy just can't stay out of trouble. Nothing says badass more than by shooting yourself.

Edited by y2jerichoholic

seriously, the Giants should trade his sorry ass. He's a fucking tool. Get some value for him and be done with the headache. It's obvios they can win without him.

See my first thought, after knowing he was ok, was basically that it's not that big a deal. This season he's been suspended, injured, benched, and we do fine without him. Toomer, Smith, Hixon, Manningham, Moss have all been playing well this year so I don't think this absence is gonna hurt us too much. He could have done it at a more convenient time, considering our next three games are against our division rivals.....

The Giants managed without Burress against the Seahawks but it'd be interesting to see how they'd do against a top team without him. They've certainly got the running game but I think they do need a big receiver like him because I don't see any of their others as a true number one.

Giants could probably do well for a game against a strong team without Burress. But there's only so many things you can do with the other receivers, and pretty quickly I'd suspect opponents will catch on. That said, they should trade him while his value is high and try and bring in T.J. in the offseason.

I don't think the Giants will be able to trade Burress. He's injury prone, stupid and not exactly worth the paycheck now that he won a ring. They don't necessarily need a # 1 right now because they have solid possession receivers in Toomer and Smith. Moss and Hixon are speed threats and then there's Boss underneath. They probably don't have anyone who can command a double team, but then again that just means everyone will be single covered and I like our chances under those circumstances as long as Jacobs is healthy and they have to honor the run as well.

I'm starting a chapter (probably the first one) of the Domenik Hixon Fan Club for this week. Possibly to be extended pending further results. Definitely hoping he can do some good things with a starting spot.

And am I the only one that's waiting for the Giants to lose a game on lots of turnovers and penalties just for an inevitable pun?

I'm starting a chapter (probably the first one) of the Domenik Hixon Fan Club for this week. Possibly to be extended pending further results. Definitely hoping he can do some good things with a starting spot.

And am I the only one that's waiting for the Giants to lose a game on lots of turnovers and penalties just for an inevitable pun?

Ok, it took me about 10 minutes, maybe more, but is it to do with Giants shooting themselves in the foot?

What the hell is this about!!??

2-11-WAS 38 (:26) (Shotgun) 17-P.Burress pass short middle to [47] to NYG 42 for -20 yards ([58], 20-J.Tryon).

EDIT:-

Nevermind, NFL.com have taken it down now. It really annoys me when they get their play-by-play stuff wrong.

Edited by TheArsenal

Wow and damn, the Steelers totally turned Cinderella Cassel back into a pumpkin. Seemed like he had no clue that good pass rushers come from the blind side. The Patriots had some chances, but second half, Pitt gave them no quarter whatsoever. Great game for the Steelers.

And the Giants kinda pissed all over Sean Taylor Day, as well. I think I'd quite enjoy a Giants-Steelers Super Bowl, even if it turned into Pick-Fest '09 from the defenses hammering the QB's all day.

Great win for the Steelers.

12 games in and still no 300 yard games by the Steelers opponents. That has to be some kind of record.

That was a dominating defensive performance. If the Steelers offense can get back to the level they can be, they almost have to be the favorites to win the AFC.

Fuck Bernard Berrian, money-chasing prick >_>

Oh yes, Kevin Payne with the pick and massive return, I love this guy. I need his jersey. He's exactly what a Bears defender should be like. Shame no one seems to have told the other 10 on the field, because they're really playing like they couldn't care less.