NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

I like Steve Slaton over Ronnie Brown. When Brown has been good, he's been really good, but he's had 8 games with 50 or less rushing yards. Slaton's numbers are much better. And looking beyond the numbers, I'd say Slaton has had a higher impact for his team. If you take away the great story of the former 1-15 Dolphins being relevant again and the awesome wild cat offense, Ronnie Brown doesn't look much more impressive than Slaton.

Not that I have a problem with Ronnie Brown being in it. He's certainly been a key player for the Dolphins and has had a great season. I just like Slaton a little bit better.

It sucks that DeAngelo Williams didn't get in, but considering the competition, it makes sense. The NFC has a bunch of great RBs right now.

So anyone else think the Titans aren't going to win another game all year after that great start? Pittsburgh & Indy are rough and they've shown little to no fire against real contenders this year (Yes the beat the Colts, but that was before they got into their groove).

Also, no way should Ben be the MVP. He's lead some great drives and really played a 'do what must be done to win' style but the overall quality isn't MVP worthy.

Slaton has had a bigger impact than Brown for sure. once teams figured out the wildcat Brown hasn't done as much. I'd also go with Rivers over Favre easily. Favre has a few good games with the rest subpar at best.

If you take away the 6 touchdown game against the Cardinals, Favre's year doesn't look anything more than solid. Thomas Jones has been the biggest impact player of that team, although to be fair, a lot of that has to do with Favre opening up the run for him. Either way, Favre over Rivers and Pennington is way off. Even for fan-voting, when you assume there will be some questionable choices, it's a hard sell. Peyton and Favre definitely made it on name value alone.

No Bradie James makes me a sad panda. He's been awesome this year. I'd put him in with Beason ahead of Patrick Willis, but to be fair I haven't seen many 49ers games this season. Oh, and lol, Andre Gurode got the starting center job again.

Bradie James has had a good year but not as good as Willis who is 2nd in the NFC in tackles only one tackle behind Beason, who also made it. Add in the fact that he's the best player on that team, coupled with how monstrous of a year he had last year, he's going to get some votes. The guy is always near the ball and I rarely see any plays where, if he's not getting a tackle, he's at least not near the play. He also has an INT (that was an 86 yard TD btw) and James doesn't and then he has one less forced fumble than James as well. Not to mention that most of his peers in the league and the coaches would more than likely also give Willis the nod as well.

But again, James has had a great year and is clearly one of the leaders on the team but he hasn't really had the year to overtake either Willis or Beason.

Plus, he's San Fran's only player going to the Pro Bowl, the cowboys already have 5 going so be happy. :P

Edited by Livid

I'm very surprised at the lack off Tampa Bay Players..you would have thought that Bryant would have gotten in over the giants Kicker. Bryant has had several game winning FGs this year..two in overtime. We would have beaten Atlanta and Dallas had he not missed those two kicks.

I'm very surprised at the lack off Tampa Bay Players..you would have thought that Bryant would have gotten in over the giants Kicker. Bryant has had several game winning FGs this year..two in overtime. We would have beaten Atlanta and Dallas had he not missed those two kicks.

Doesn't that defeat your argument ?

John Carney's a well-known kicker who has done a very good job for arguably the best team in the league this season, I'm not surprised he got in over Bryant. Not to say Bryant isn't worthy, though, he's had a pretty good season but then again so have Ryan Longwell and Jason Elam.

In other news, London Fletcher's crying about not making the Pro Bowl and Adam Jones is back at Dallas practice, but won't play this week.

Edited by AD

No Bradie James makes me a sad panda. He's been awesome this year. I'd put him in with Beason ahead of Patrick Willis, but to be fair I haven't seen many 49ers games this season. Oh, and lol, Andre Gurode got the starting center job again.

Bradie James has had a good year but not as good as Willis who is 2nd in the NFC in tackles only one tackle behind Beason, who also made it. Add in the fact that he's the best player on that team, coupled with how monstrous of a year he had last year, he's going to get some votes. The guy is always near the ball and I rarely see any plays where, if he's not getting a tackle, he's at least not near the play. He also has an INT (that was an 86 yard TD btw) and James doesn't and then he has one less forced fumble than James as well. Not to mention that most of his peers in the league and the coaches would more than likely also give Willis the nod as well.

But again, James has had a great year and is clearly one of the leaders on the team but he hasn't really had the year to overtake either Willis or Beason.

Plus, he's San Fran's only player going to the Pro Bowl, the cowboys already have 5 going so be happy. :P

I wouldn't go off of tackles as a benchmark for anything, it's an unofficial stat kept by the teams themselves.

I wouldn't go off of tackles as a benchmark for anything, it's an unofficial stat kept by the teams themselves.

Which explains Ray Lewis' tackle numbers.

Anyway, on the talk of kickers, if there's one kicker who could claim he got snubbed it's Jeff Reed. He kicks in arguably the hardest stadium in the league to kick at. He's pretty much automatic, and he's very very clutch.

Anyway, on the talk of kickers, if there's one kicker who could claim he got snubbed it's Jeff Reed. He kicks in arguably the hardest stadium in the league to kick at. He's pretty much automatic, and he's very very clutch.

A post by Evil Chase K running down Baltimore and touting Pittsburgh? NEVER!

Did I ever ask who Mike Roos had to stab to get his rightful spot as a Pro Bowl starting tackle? If not, then I am. If I did, I'm restating it. I won't call him the best tackle in the conference, but he's certainly having the best season, and the Titans wouldn't be where they are if their line stunk.

A post by Evil Chase K running down Baltimore and touting Pittsburgh? NEVER!

Did I ever ask who Mike Roos had to stab to get his rightful spot as a Pro Bowl starting tackle? If not, then I am. If I did, I'm restating it. I won't call him the best tackle in the conference, but he's certainly having the best season, and the Titans wouldn't be where they are if their line stunk.

Mike Roos definitely got snubbed.