NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

32 out of the 50 first place votes. Joins Favre as only 3 time MVP.

[cheap plug]Join the Playoff games I'm running.[/cheap plug]

Edit: How can you complain about this? Team isn't as good as before and coming off the surgery he practically carried the team on his back. Now I'll say I was expecting Pennington and Ryan to get more votes but no complaints about the winner.

Edited by sahyder1

See: Bledsoe/Brady

I'd say dump Brady and go with Cassel. No reason to take the risk on Brady no matter what his upside is. You've proven to be able to make QB's, so take another one in the 3-5 round and repeate what you've done with Brady and Cassel. Use the money to fill in some of your literally aging positions and move on.

Wouldn't the Pats take a massive cap hit if they cut a guy making as much money as Shady Brady?

They don't have to cut him to go with Cassel. There's all sorts of neat tricks involving the cap. There are plenty of teams that would take the shot at Brady coming back healthy and in form (like 1/3 of the league). They could move him if they really wanted to.

I just don't think Brady's going to offer another discount to the Pats to stay and I don't see teams willing to part with much for a guy who may end up missing 2 seasons due to a knee injury. In theory it's Tom Brady, but in the NFL aka the what-have-you-done-for-me-lately league he'd be a guy on the wrong side of 30 with a catastrophic knee injury to his credit. If the choice was between Cassel and a healthy-ish Brady then I could see the Pats deciding to trade Brady and moving on, but I don't see how they can afford to pay/play two "franchise" QBs at the same time.

Meh on Manning as MVP. Is it just me, or does Reggie Wayne gets almost no credit at all? At the beginning of the year, he wasn't even a top 10 fantasy WR by the "fantasy experts". He was just about the only one playing great in the Colts shitty start. But all I hear is Peyton Manning, and Marvin Harrison, who hasn't done much this year(Gonzales and Clark had more yds than him along with Wayne).

TMZ (the tv show, that is) is saying that the rumors about Tom Brady are false and he's actually ahead of schedule on the rehab. I'm hoping they're wrong.

(Disclaimer: I only watch TMZ if I'm absolutely bored, which I was when I saw the episode where they talked about Brady's recovery)

TMZ (the tv show, that is) is saying that the rumors about Tom Brady are false and he's actually ahead of schedule on the rehab. I'm hoping they're wrong.

(Disclaimer: I only watch TMZ if I'm absolutely bored, which I was when I saw the episode where they talked about Brady's recovery)

You believe TMZ? Woah.

While we're on a topic about Matt Cassel; Matt has officially been franchised by New England.

To comment on a topic a few pages back, I have wanted to see Crabtree in a Niner uniform all season, but I don't see how he is going to drop that far. As mentioned the Raiders love popular skill position players, and I can see him more-so in a Matt Linhert-Steven Jackson role, where we finds his way onto a team inside the NFC West (probably the Sea'Hawks) and torment me for years to come.

Edit: I know Linhert hasn't done all that well yet, but it still pains me to see him riding the pine in 'Zona when he SHOULD been in a Niner uniform... instead of Alex Smith.

As much as it makes sense, I have a horrid feeling that Mike Crabtree will bust in the NFL. If I were in charge, my first pick for the Raiders would be one of the "big three" tackles - Andre Smith, Michael Oher or Eugene Monroe. Rob Gallery has been a hell of a lot better as a guard than a tackle, and I'm glad, but one of those three by his side would be a big help for Oakland and especially JaMarcus Russell.

To comment on a topic a few pages back, I have wanted to see Crabtree in a Niner uniform all season, but I don't see how he is going to drop that far. As mentioned the Raiders love popular skill position players, and I can see him more-so in a Matt Linhert-Steven Jackson role, where we finds his way onto a team inside the NFC West (probably the Sea'Hawks) and torment me for years to come.

Edit: I know Linhert hasn't done all that well yet, but it still pains me to see him riding the pine in 'Zona when he SHOULD been in a Niner uniform... instead of Alex Smith.

LEINART, jesus.

You believe TMZ? Woah.

While we're on a topic about Matt Cassel; Matt has officially been franchised by New England.

No. Hence why I mentioned that I only watch it if I'm bored.

And I'd say that the Pats franchising Cassel is proof enough they're wrong; I don't think the NFL would let them get away with franchising Cassel if its just to keep him from going somewhere else and he rides the pine instead of starting.

Franchising him can come back to bite them too. Franchising him means paying him 14 million and change meaning they would have almost 29 million invested in the QB position for next year. Once you franchise him you limit your trade potential too as the other side knows you have to dump him.

Peyton wouldn't have been my vote for MVP, but IMO, he's one of several players this year who reasonably "deserved" it. I wouldn't have been upset with Michael Turner, Adrian Peterson, Chad Pennington, Philip Rivers, or James Harrison. Turner would have been my pick, but there's no clear winner like last year. You could make an argument for just about any of the major players who made it to the playoffs.