NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Well seriously, how the hell do they justify that?

With Vick the Falcons were in the playoff hunt every year, all Mike Smith did is get them back to that level. Sparano took a team that won 1 game last year to a division title, in a division that the Pats had completely dominated for the past few years.

Vick was going downhill before he left. Smith brought in Turner and drafted Ryan, so you can't say Smith did nothing. Although I agree Sparano probably deserved it more, it's not like it's an outrage that Smith won.

Edited by Kyle_

If anyone is worried Flacco will be the death of the team in the playoffs, I say 9/22, 135 yards, no TDs and the team is still up by 11 and in a second, probably more.

That will not fly against Tennessee.

I already see it next week. Everyone picks Baltimore cause they're the hot team and they're peaking (and well, they're good, too), but I'm confident the Titans win next week.

Damn it feels good to be from Baltimore :D

Hell yeah it does!

Offense didn't play that well, but defense did the job it had to do. Our defense looked possessed most of the day, leaves me hopeful for next week. As long as Flacco doesn't choke, I think we can be in a good spot in any game the rest of the playoffs.

Amen x2. This is an awesome ride, but I don't want to settle and say "Well, compared to what we expected..." I expect a lot more from this team now. But it should be a good game against the Titans, Joe Cool's not going to choke, but our defense needs to lock down more consistently.

Oh, and Ed Reed is quickly turning into a Ravens, and eventual NFL, legend.

Edited by Raven52

He's Australian, he doesn't understand wins and losses

He's Australian, everything's backwards there. He thought Miami went 15-1 last year and couldn't understand why they weren't in in the playoffs.

Oh come on, Give me a little credit, I'm not THAT backwards, I'm just trying to find my favorite team, It's not as easy as living or being born in a city with a team in it.

Wow, That was a sick block on the QB.

I think it depends on your RB situation. It also matters if it's a PPR league.

Westbrook gets hurt a lot, and in return you'll get a RB who really is likely done (LT), and Jacobs, who gets hurt but is a monster when he plays. See if that guy has Sproles too and try to get him in the deal.

Rivers is a very good QB and young, Jennings is a very good WR and is relatively young. I say it depends what you need.

On the topic of the game, Tavaris Jackson is doing basically what I expected so far. He's trying to make some big plays (which he made one with Berrian just now), but is ultimately making costly mistakes (pick-six to Samuel).

I need a lot. My team finished 7th this year... again. My other two keepers are Tony Gonzalez and Tyler Thigpen. Then next down would be Brett Farve and LenDale White.

QB = Thigpen / Farve / Garcia

WR = Welker / Driver

RB = WDunn / Westbrook / White / APittman

TE = Gonzo / Carlson

K = Kaeding

DEF = Giants / Packers

I get to pick three from that.

1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 WR/RB, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF starting

He's also offered Ryan Grant, but that would probably mean keeping him over Gonzalez. Rather have the good TE than a decent RB. I said I was gonna wait on LT's condition too before I decided whether or not I would take.

Edited by Lowerdeck

Rivers and Jennings are better than any of the QBs or RBs on your team. You should have made that deal yesterday. Westbrook won't be able to match their production given his injury history, and the same goes for trading for LT and Jacobs who are looking like the type of guys who will be less productive as their careers continue.

Let's go Vikings.

If your league has points per reception, while Westbrook is by far the top player in that format if healthy, getting a very good WR (especially with a good throwing QB there, which Rodgers is) and Rivers is good too.

Why do you have a backup TE and DEF? I would go on your waiver wire and see if any next season sleepers are around (Josh Morgan, Tashard Choice, Rashard Mendenhall etc. etc.)

Despite the multiple chances each team is giving the other, I just don't see Tavaris Jackson leading a game winning drive here. Minnesota's only hopes are a blunder by the Eagles offense or Peterson breaking out for a big run. I know they only need a FG, but well, Jackson stinks.

EDIT: Way for Minnesota's D to fall apart there.

Edited by Red Devil-Taker316

If your league has points per reception, while Westbrook is by far the top player in that format if healthy, getting a very good WR (especially with a good throwing QB there, which Rodgers is) and Rivers is good too.

Why do you have a backup TE and DEF? I would go on your waiver wire and see if any next season sleepers are around (Josh Morgan, Tashard Choice, Rashard Mendenhall etc. etc.)

Probably holdovers from bye weeks or favorable matchups, and there wasn't much on the market for WR/RB.