I need more "epic" music

apsham

Try Blind Guardian, Hammerfall, Hammers Of Misfortune or Turisas.

Blind Guardian - Imaginations From The Other Side, Nightfall In Middle Earth

Hammerfall - Glory To The Brave

Hammers Of Misfortune - The Bastard

Turisas - Battle Metal

Edited by Master of the Intercloud

Royal Hunt if you want Rhapsody-esque epic (minus the guitar wankery)

Dreamtale are quite good but they are more just catchy power metal than epic (they have their moments though)

Hibria are fucking awesome too.

There is a "totally legal" album out there called Absolute Power Metal which has a fair share of epic songs, so I suggest you "buy" it

Try Blind Guardian, Hammerfall, Hammers Of Misfortune or Turisas.

Blind Guardian - Imaginations From The Other Side, Nightfall In Middle Earth

Hammerfall - Glory To The Brave

Hammers Of Misfortune - The Bastard

Turisas - Battle Metal

I'd generally agree with that list. Add a dollop of Iron Maiden's 'long' songs (for example, No More Lies, Nomad, The Clansman, Dream of Mirrors, Fear of the Dark, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Sign Of The Cross, Paschendale and maybe Dance of Death).

A few others that came to me...

And Then There Was Silence by Blind Guardian

The Poet and the Pendulum by Nightwish (Choose if you like your metal with a dash of Tim Burton and a hint of Andrew Lloyd Webber :P)

Child In Time by Deep Purple

Seventh Son of A Seventh Son by Iron Maiden

Bat Out of Hell by Meat Loaf

Bad For Good by Meat Loaf

Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd

and for something a little different hows about trying...

Sucking My Love by Diamond Head (see where Metallica stole their riff for Seek And Destroy from :P)

In The Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson (prog... rock... awesomeness. And it's long. And it's quite epic sounding in a 60's/70's produced kind of way).

Child In Time isn't epic, it's just really, REALLY long for no reason :P

As for epic:

Rhapsody of Fire (how haven't they been mentioned yet? :P They're the one band synonymous with 'epic', surely?)

Blind Guardian

Battlelore

Iced Earth

Hammerfall

Avantasia ('The Metal Opera' pts 1&2, anyway. 'The Scarecrow' isn't exactly epic. Still great though).

Symphony X

Nightwish

Wintersun

Edited by Farmer Reil

Summoning - try later records, like "Stronghold", "Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame" and "Oathbound"

Moonsorrow - any album from "Voimasta Ja Kunniasta" onward is so epic you should shit your pants

Hordes Of Yore - they're like Moonsorrow but from Portugal! Only one album out though

Immortal - "Sons Of Northern Darkness" has epic guitar parts galore. Also, "At The Heat Of Winter".

Einherjer - there's a ton of viking metal bands out there, throwing one out for show. "Dragons Of The North" and "Odin Owns Ye All" kick copious amounts of ass.