Family Guy Question

Farmer Reil

World War 3 is threatening to break out in our living room, so help is required.

Simply put: Does Stewie, at any time, actually have a conversation with any of the Griffins except Brian.

A conversation being; Stewie says something, and one of the Griffins replies to him, knowing that he's talking to them.

He talks to Brian, that's half the point of Family Guy ¬_¬. And he talks to random non-Griffin people. But does he ever actually have a two-way conversation with Peter, Lois, Chris or Meg?

There have been times where he is understood. The one that springs to mind immidiately is Untitled Griffin Family History. At the end of the episode the family is discussing The Godfather, more specifically Peter's disliking of it. During the conversation Stewie makes a comment and Lois agrees with him.

There are other occasions where he will say stuff and will get a relevant response, mostly with Lois. Don't know if you'd class it as actual conversation though.

I've only watched up to Season 5 though so someone else will have to pass comment on 6.

Edited by Ellis Misses Benji

I'm sure Chris understood what he was saying in the episode where Lois and Peter go off on their second honeymoon (and run into Mel Gibson) and Brian and Stewie take on the "parenting" role. Stewie says something in the car which I'm sure Chris responds to.

Ellis's response makes me wrong, so I choose to ignore it :shifty:

Edit: Damnit. Yeah, there's a scene where Stewie is smacking Chris's ass for being a bad boy ¬_¬. Stewie says something like "And what do we say if anyone asks about the bruising", to which Chris replies "I got hit by a baseball!".

Fuck.

Reil loses :(

Edited by Farmer Reil

The answer is...sometimes. In the "Untold Story" commentary, Seth says that its just however its convenient to the story, and sometimes they understand him and sometimes they don't.

EDIT - And since there's an episode on right now (McStroke) that illustrates others understanding him...when Stewie goes to high school the kids all understand what he's saying the entire time, since he's trying to fit in.

But I just saw it was about the Griffin family...so disregard that. :shifty:

Edited by Dubb: Sex Architect

Seth MacFarlane has said that inside the Griffin house, they try to limit his conversations to Brian and sometimes Chris. They try to have him not converse with Peter, Lois & Meg, unless they need it for the joke/plot device. He said that outside of the Griffin house, he can converse with pretty much anybody. Short answer, they Family Guy staff is just lazy.