AudioSurf

Bushmeister

Why is there not yet a thread for this excellent little game? AudioSurf is the future of rhythm-based driving games about collecting colored blocks, and don't you try and deny it!

It is also available on Steam for VERY CHEAP INDEED, so go get your copy today! Or download the demo, fall in love and then buy a copy.

In short: AudioSurf is a rhythm/racing game, where you try and collect as much points as you can from colored blocks on the track with several different characters on three different difficulty settings. The catch? Each "track" is a song, so basically what you will be driving on is a graphical representation of whatever music CD or file you have at hand for AudioSurf to scan. It handles anything from metal to classical, giving you a nigh unlimited amount of challenges to beat. I know I got hooked the moment Berzerker's "No-One Wins" became my battleground :blush:

Also, list your favourite tracks!

Mine so far: "Straight To Video (Assemblage 23 Remix)" by Mindless Self Indulgence, "Like Some Snow-Covered Marble Eye" by Summoning, "At Giza" by Om and "March To The Sea" by Pelican

As a side note, "Die Winnipeg Die Die Fuckers Die (Spreading The Hepatitis)" by Venetian Snares and "Everything Bleeds" by Marduk can go suck a big, unfair cock :bang:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering if I should make a thread since I 'obtained' this earlier. Only tried a few songs but yeah, it's cool.

I had Thrice 'All That's Left' on and the drumming at the start made the thing stutter like the game was lagging or something. Looked cool.

Just tried Map Of The Problemaqiue by Muse and no feel quite nausiated. So bumpy! It was like a rollercoaster or something.

Edited by Ellis Misses Benji

I would have made a thread for this when I was playing the Beta. But my effort for threadmaking is quite low.

But alas, AudioSurf is a mighty game and you should all buy it.

Well since you, Bushmeister that is, so graciously involved me in this game, I have been racing away ever since. One thing I don't understand is how people can actually get over 200.000 on a single song! But I echo the sentiments of everyone else so go buy it you morons!

But yes, Everything Bleeds needs to bugger off. Very much actually. <_<

I literally bought it 2 hours ago after reading this thread and it truly is amazing. I just tried a Dream Theater song, and thought i did rather well, then saw people with top scores of 360,000. was well annoyed with that. Then i tried a Wolf and Raven by Sonata Arctica and over filled the blocks about 5 times in the first minute, i suck.

It's an absolutely fantastic game; I played it on the second Beta weekend and loved it. I haven't purchased it yet only because I've been spending so much money on things that I need to cut down on things I don't need for a while; I'll probably have bought it by May.

I can't remember which songs I loved playing the most except for "Pancho Villa" by Link Wray, which is a lot of fun. Oh, wait, no, "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen too.

People still buy stuff? >_>

It's a great game, I'm amazed at how well it represents the songs, I thought it was going to be a bit meh like Phase on the ipod.

Also, an XBLA version of this would slay. Especially multiplayer. Admittedly, the logistics would be a bit tricky, I guess everyone would have to have an exact copy of the mp3, but it would be all kinds of awesome.

Edited by Dragsy

I absolutely need this game, PLEASE send me a message to show me where to 'get' it.

EDIT: 'get it' as in full, the demo does nothing for me with its limited songs

Hard work pays off, and its worth it for this game :wub:

This game is great, 1st place in the high scores for "Bartender" by T-Pain ft Akon

Alright, this thread, and game for that matter, definatly needs more activity, mostly so i dont have to edit my post anymore.

BEST. GAME. EVAR~!

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

That's it. I am swearing off of "Everything Bleeds" until I either evolve into a futuristic superhuman capable of surviving traffic congestation levels of 420+ or my mind finally snaps and I start thinking in non-Euclidean dimensions that will help me guide my way through those gray walls of death.

The rest of the album is very doable, but fuck "Everything Bleeds" :( It just never stops bombarding you, not even for a second. Holy crap, I don't think I have achieved better than 8000 points on it on Ninja Mono so far.

Also, they need to add support to lengthier songs. I want to ride my 40-minute rips from Hado Channel 3, bastards!

Fresh Prince of Bel Air on Audiosurf = :crying: I WANT THIS GAME!!!

I installed that Steam thingy, but it says it's updating, then cant connect or its unavailable or whatever. Help?

EDIT: I've got the demo, and have played "Rusty Cage" & "Slaves & Bulldozers" by Soundgarden and "Lonely Train" by Black Stone Cherry. It's a coooool game. Just if anyone would be as kind to divulge information how they, uh, 'obtained' the full version. I'm sure I won't be the only one :P

Edited by TheModernWay

A lot of Limp Bizkit tracks should kick good courses. I've tried Take A Look Around (the MI:2 theme) and Re-Arranged so far, and both were good, as was Linkin Park/Jay-Z Numb/Encore.

Land Of Confusion by Disturbed was pretty boring, nothing there for the majority of the first half, and only then it picked up.