Formula One 2008

Katsuya

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Alonso's not done *that* bad in Qualifying so far this year, I think he's been on the front row twice?

True, but he is really lacking when it comes to the race. His partner has impressed me a lot more in their car.

Sadly, normal service seems to have been resumed with Qualifying.

I am sooooo calling a Vettel victory. Hopefully so, anyway.

Also, GP2 just got royally fucked up. Last lap, Pantano has led the whole race and suddenly he starts coasting very, very slowly. Bruno Senna, who's behind him in the championship, was in 5th place, and passed him...only for the exact same thing to happen to him. Senna crossed the line in 9th, and then the car pretty much stopped, and then a third car did the exact same thing and pulled up just ahead of Senna.

Bizarro.

It is a rather shit circuit, TBF, and it looks fugly as hell. On the flipside, it appears to be giving some rather exciting moments, and you can overtake, unlike Monaco. But it is apparently the child of Monaco, Montreal and Melbourne...and she ain't pretty.

• 2 weeks later...

That is why Spa is the best circuit in the world. Amazing track anyway, and then you throw in the rain factor...wow.

Also, had Massa & Hamilton spun or gone off on that last lap, even if they were able to rejoin the track, Heidfeld would probably have caught them up with no problems...

Apparently Hamilton and Raikkonen are under investigation thanks to the incident where Hamilton cut the chicane, let Raikkonen through, and then passed him again. Hopefully Lewis is let off as not only was he leading by half a tyre when he was pushed off the circuit anyway, but Kimi was extremely poor in defending his spot down the pit straight whether Hamilton had an unfair advantage or not.

I'm starting to like Hamilton a little more now. I still don't like him but I don't hate him any more either. I've warmed slightly because of his childlike reactions whenever he wins races, it's awesome.

Anyway, let's go Massa. I know the BBC will be just as bad as ITV (if not worse) when it comes to talking about Hamilton next season, so I could do without him being the Champion at the same time.

I'm starting to like Hamilton a little more now. I still don't like him but I don't hate him any more either. I've warmed slightly because of his childlike reactions whenever he wins races, it's awesome.

Anyway, let's go Massa. I know the BBC will be just as bad as ITV (if not worse) when it comes to talking about Hamilton next season, so I could do without him being the Champion at the same time.

Am I right in thinking that only Steve Ryder is contracted to ITV? Everyone else include Mark "Mr. Personality" Blundell will still present the F1 coverage.

IMO, it's very touch and go. Lewis didn't really give Kimi back the position, because he immediately had a great overtaking opportunity. On the other hand, Lewis' pace would prove that even had he been behind Raikkonen going on to the main straight, he would have had him going down in to the first corner.

In other news, Heidfeld, Alonso & Kubica are also under investigation for overtaking under the yellow flags, which is presumably against the Toro Rosso cars. While they showed Heidfeld passing Kubica & Vettel, they didn't show him taking Bourdais, and they were heading in to the area where Kimi had crashed at that point...so it's possible they all overtook Bourdais in the yellow flags, or Alonso passed Vettel & Kubica in the yellow flags...still, things should be clear in an hour or two.

ETA: Also, I still want Massa to win really, because Hamilton's been lucky now in terms of crashes/accidents/weather four times (Monaco when he hit the wall but the weather helped him out, Hungary when Massa's engine blew, the same with Kimi in Valencia, and now the spin not costing him that much at the start & Kimi crashing out) - oh, and HA! when he said "I'm not going to be overtaken on the outside ever again"...and then Raikkonen did just that.

Edited by Katsuya

Glock has been hit with a 25 second penalty for overtaking Webber under yellow flags, which has moved Webber in to 8th place. Suffice to say, if the same happens to the other three drivers, then it will finish:

1 - Hamilton

2 - Massa

3 - Vettel

4 - Bourdais

5 - Heidfeld

6 - Alonso

7 - Kubica

8 - Webber

I'd expect Toro Rosso to lodge a complaint about it if that's what went down, because then they'll be only a couple points behind RBR in 6th for the Constructors.

EDIT: HAMILTON HAS TAKEN A 25 SECOND PENALTY!

Massa wins, Heidfeld moves up to second, although that too may change.

Edited by Katsuya

So now the standings are:

1- Hamilton 76 pts

2- Massa 74 pts

Ok, this is getting exciting.

3- Kubica 58 pts

4- Raikkonen 57 pts

I suppose it could be a bad year to be Raikkonen

And these last two, probably won't win the world championship but they are there:

5- Heidfeld 49 pts

6- Kovalainen 43 pts