Velvet Revolver Splitting Up

Benji

I just learned Mike Patton was one of the people originally considered for lead.

WANT.

The thing is, though, would Patton want to get into major label politics again after the trouble he had with Faith No More's later stuff and now with an indie label like Ipecac on the frontburner for him?

It would be awesome, but I honestly see the GnR guys seeing Patton as beneath them, and funnily enough Patton presumably thinking the same thing after the two VR records.

Personally I'd like to see Billy Morrison as a replacement, he's friends with the band and performs with Matt (and Scott for that matter) in Camp Freddy and Circus Diablo, and he's a damn fine singer without a massive (okay, not massive for a singer) ego.

Listen to him and Circus Diablo here (beware, some prick put their own music in the comments and it may end up going over the bands music).

The thing with Velvet Revolver was that there was a "gang", and Scott wasn't apart of that, he was the outcast, I think he was slowly let into the gang but there always seemed to be something between them though and sometimes you can tell in the songs that they didn't work together completely. They still produce great songs despite this, Slither, Dirty Little Thing, She Builds Quick Machines just to name a few off the top of my head, but if they were to bring in another lead vocals, hopefully they'll accept them into the gang and gel quickly for their next album.

I just learned Mike Patton was one of the people originally considered for lead.

WANT.

The thing is, though, would Patton want to get into major label politics again after the trouble he had with Faith No More's later stuff and now with an indie label like Ipecac on the frontburner for him?

It would be awesome, but I honestly see the GnR guys seeing Patton as beneath them, and funnily enough Patton presumably thinking the same thing after the two VR records.

Yeah, Patton's already turned them down for what I can imagine him describing them as being 'Glam Rock shit.' My favourite Patton being asked into a band story is the one about INXS. He agreed as long as he could always wear a noose. They weren't down with that. Guess they found it insensitive.

WANT.

Yeah, Patton's already turned them down for what I can imagine him describing them as being 'Glam Rock shit.' My favourite Patton being asked into a band story is the one about INXS. He agreed as long as he could always wear a noose. They weren't down with that. Guess they found it insensitive.

Okay, that's probably the best story ever.

I've never understood why Duff doesn't just sing for them - he's not a bad singer, and his vocal style fits their music, and saves the hassle of finding someone else who might up and quit. Oh well, don't especially care anyway. Unless they do like they threatened and get SEBASTIAN BACH in there, then I'm all ears >_>

I've never understood why Duff doesn't just sing for them - he's not a bad singer, and his vocal style fits their music, and saves the hassle of finding someone else who might up and quit. Oh well, don't especially care anyway. Unless they do like they threatened and get SEBASTIAN BACH in there, then I'm all ears >_>

I actually thought of that when first reading the thread. I thought he had his own thing going on?

Same here, then I realised that Scott was responsible for writing more or less all of VRs material. Sure Duff might be able to sing and write one or two good songs, but with everything else going on it could take decades for a new album. They need someone who can write good lyrics as well as just sing

When they were just forming, Sebastian Bach wrote a ton of songs for them. See, it all falls into place.

Oh, and they didn't have someone that could write good lyrics in the first place, why start now? :shifty:

Final confirmation.

It's official: Weiland is out of Velvet Revolver

It's official, Velvet Revolver have parted company with troubled singer Scott Weiland because of his "erratic behaviour".

As previously reported on Kerrang! dot com, following an on stage rant in Glasgow on Thursday, March 20, Weiland announced that this would be Velvet Revolver last ever UK tour, which came as news to guitarist Slash, bassist Duff McKagan, drummer Matt Sorum and guitarist Dave Kushner.

Slash said in an official statement that Weiland's "personal problems have forced us to move on".

"This band is all about its fans and its music and Scott Weiland isn't 100% committed to either. Among other things, his increasingly erratic onstage behaviour and personal problems have forced us to move on," said the British-born six stringer.

On January 20, Weiland missed a Velvet Revolver show in Park City, Utah during the Sundance Film Festival. The frontman's flight was reportedly diverted because of bad weather, forcing the band to play with audience members and actor Donovan Leitch on vocals. The band were also forced to cancel their Australian tour, which had been previously postponed for several weeks.

On February 7, Weiland checked into rehab for a month, which is thought to be in relation to his ongoing DUI court case. The singer is currently free on $40,000 (approximately £20,000) bail and is due back in court for a pre-trial hearing this Friday (April 4). He faces a year in prison if convicted.

The remaining members of Velvet Revolver, meanwhile, have indicated that they have no intention of stopping the band.

"As Velvet Revolver is concerned, we've got another record to do," Slash told the BBC.

Sources close to the band have indicated that former Skid Row frontman - and close personal friend of Axl Rose - Sebastian Bach looks set to front the band, although nothing has been officially confirmed.

I'd love it if VR hires the SAVAGE ANIMAL to front the band.

I never liked Weiland. I think his songwriting is terrible for the most part and his voice is just blah. His only redeeming quality is his live show, but even with that, he stole all his moves and style from guys like Mick Jagger and Iggy Pop.