This book should be a film!

PkmnTrainerJ

Surely there's got to be books that you've read where you think it'd be great if it were transferred to the big screen.

For me, I think the Belgariad series by David & Leigh Eddings would make a good transition so long as good actors were chosen for all the roles and we had five separate films. (i.e. one for each book)

Surely there's got to be books that you've read where you think it'd be great if it were transferred to the big screen.

For me, I think the Belgariad series by David & Leigh Eddings would make a good transition so long as good actors were chosen for all the roles and we had five separate films. (i.e. one for each book)

>_<

I was gonna say that. There's always the possiblity of The Mallorean Series after that being made into a film too, but I might be a bit of an overkill with say, 10 films. I'm sure they'd be able to narrow down the books though.

I think Sword of the Storm and Midnight Falcon by David Gemmel would make great films too, same sort of genre of story as The Belgariad.

Obviously I'm going to go with a comic, but The Dark Knight Returns, I swear it should be made, even if it's just an animated film, if DC made it then people WOULD buy it in an instant, no disrespect to their animated films so far (which have generally been good), but it would blow them all out of the park and then some.

Dan Abnett's Gaunt's Ghosts series, particularly Necropolis. But only if they cast Christian Bale as Gaunt, Jeremy Irons as Elim Rawne, and Jason Statham as Lijah Cuu, otherwise it'll be ruined, sure as sure. :shifty:

They should make Eragon into a film too. An actual film this time, not a pile of shit.

Also, Re: Belgariad, no book store ever has the first one :( I read the Ruby Knight before I realised it was part of a series, and really enjoyed it (once I'd gotten over Sparhawk having a silly name, and apparently only one of them), but I can't find the first book anywhere :(

Edited by Farmer Reil

Dan Abnett's Gaunt's Ghosts series, particularly Necropolis. But only if they cast Christian Bale as Gaunt, Jeremy Irons as Elim Rawne, and Jason Statham as Lijah Cuu, otherwise it'll be ruined, sure as sure. :shifty:

They need to make one of those shitty comedy movies where Eddie Murphy plays all of the characters.

Only instead of shitty comedy, it's awesome action. And instead of Eddie Murphy it's Jason Statham.

They should make Eragon into a film too. An actual film this time, not a pile of shit.

Also, Re: Belgariad, no book store ever has the first one :( I read the Ruby Knight before I realised it was part of a series, and really enjoyed it (once I'd gotten over Sparhawk having a silly name, and apparently only one of them), but I can't find the first book anywhere :(

When your source material is as shitty as Eragon...

Also, Civil War. Civil FUCKING War

Hugh Laurie's "The Gun Seller" is really awesome and I think could make a great movie and I remember reading that he was writing it to be made into a movie but I haven't seen anything on that in awhile so I can only assume that it either won't be for awhile or there's not enough interest in it to be made a movie.

I can't really think of any others. Though I'm excited for the Killing Pablo adaptation that's going to be made, if that counts for anything. <_<

Check with Waterstone's. Every store I've been in to has at least one copy of Pawn Of Prophecy

The Spook Series by Joseph Delany. I think they could really make something out of that series.

Also, The Supernatural By Eion Culfer. Just could visulise it as a film.

Plus The Eternal Code and The Aztec Code, really great books. Could attract a good teenage audience.

Obviously I'm going to go with a comic, but The Dark Knight Returns, I swear it should be made, even if it's just an animated film, if DC made it then people WOULD buy it in an instant, no disrespect to their animated films so far (which have generally been good), but it would blow them all out of the park and then some.

QFE

Also I'd like to see a decent adaptation of Lord of the Flies. The two movies that stand simply don't do William Golding's masterpiece justice.

With you on the Eddings novels being written into books. I mentioned it once to the friend that introduced me to Eddings though, and she pretty much de-attached my head from its shoulders.

I, personally, can see 4/5 movies for both the Belegriad and the Mallorean. I think when they actually GET the Orb can be the end of Movie One, and then they can do Movie Two as the last two books.

And Sparhawk on Film would be awesome too :D

EDIT: Oh...and Althalus.

Edited by ---Ace Andrews---

I'd like to see Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt books done right. They did Sahara, but it sucked. I'd like them to do it almost like James Bond, just get an actor that will sign on for 4-5 films, then start from the beginning. There are more than enough stories, all of them have great action sequences and I could easily see any of the books turned to a movie.