Doctor Who

Benji

I like to refer to the Third Doctor as Doctor Pimp.

:w00t:

That may very well be the worst thing I have seen in months.

Yep. Sci-Fi rap is a genre I can't imagine taking off, ever.

Some of the Epic Rap Battles they've done using fictional characters have sucked, quite frankly. For some reason they decided to do Genghis Khan vs the Easter Bunny and its probably the worst battle they've done so far. But the two Hitler vs. Darth Vader battles and the Shakespeare vs. Dr. Seuss battle are pretty good. Captain Kirk vs. Christopher Columbus sucked because Epic Lloyd decided to do an even more exaggerated imitation of Kirk than Kevin Pollak, with massive overgesturing, and Columbus is regarded as the winner even though Kirk had better rhymes.

Edited by GhostMachine

Massive overgesturing is pretty much the only way they act in the Epic Rap Battles - and Columbus/Kirk was pretty friggin' awesome regardless.

But Gates/Jobs is the best thing ever.

"You spaghetti eating fuck, how's your spice rack doing? I'll be chilling in my spaceship. Have fun canoeing!"

And yes, Gates/Jobs was great. Loved the swerve with that one.

Now, back on topic....has it been said how long after the Christmas special it will be before the rest of the season airs?

I love that on the sci-fi network down here, they are broadcasting Jon Pertwee's entire run as the Doctor.

The 3 Doctors was fun but I rather enjoyed Carnival of Monsters.

Sorry to have interrupted your current Doctor talk. :P

Wait for the Green Death thats one of the best Pertwee stories along with Daemons and Inferno.

It's just one of those things. Like how I can find Star Trek TNG and Voyager being shown on 5 or 6 different channels in total (plus The Original Series on one), but no one ever shows DS9.

I imagine someone in a corporate office somewhere has seen studies that show that audiences have no patience for old Who these days or something. And that the unwashed masses dislike DS9, apparently. :shifty:

When Bravo and Virgin1 went down Star Trek seemed to go down with it.

Classic Who doesnt air much i think on a few reasons, the main one i can think of is they cant do a full rerun with the black and white ones cause they are missing and even Gold rarely showed them except i remember really late at night for a couple of years. I think Syfy (in the UK) were the last to have the rights to air episodes some time back when Gold stopped showing them but the real question would be who could show it, the UKTV channels only give a shit about new Who looping that on Watch and i think Syfy is too busy anyway unless they maybe do a late night thing.

Yeah there was a certain period when the BBC kept copies of none of their shows. From anything. They'd just broadcast them and then chuck the reels in the bin. Dad's Army is another one infamous for its 'lost episodes'.

Hardly matters with something as nebulous as Dr. Who though, really.

Two important moments are more or less missing:

The atory where the First Doctor regenerates into the Second is mostly gone, but there is a surviving clip of the regeneration sequence.

And the debut of the sonic screwdriver, which looked like an ordinary pen light originally.