Video Games With The Best Soundtracks

OGpistolpete

Score/Not Licensed: Katamari series for sure, although it is starting to get a bit stale with the 360 game.

Licensed: MVP 2005

* "An Honest Mistake" by The Bravery

* "Funny Little Feeling" by Rock n Roll Soldiers

* "Pressure Point" by The Zutons

* "You Owe Me an IOU" by Hot Hot Heat

* "Tessie" by the Dropkick Murphys

* "The Iroc-Z Song" by The High Speed Scene

* "Let It Dive" by …And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead

* "Finding Out True Love is Blind" by Louis XIV

* "We Got the Noise" by The Donots

Small track list but awesome

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The clear winner hear is Amped 1 & 2...their soundtracks were FUCKING HUGE!!! Like 4/5 songs per artist huge and shit...like;

Amped had;

The Get Up Kids, WHIPPERSNAPPER (yes...IAceI...this is where I found them from...they had basically the entire album on here) The Movielife, Yellowcard, Waterdown, Thursday, Staring Back, Grey Area, Mock Orange, Fury 66, Boy Sets Fire. etc

Amped 2 had (some of the same stuff, some stuff cut...whatever, but new stuff too...was like 300 tunes or some shit);

Whippersnapper, Girls Against Boys, American Football, Park, Braid, Hudson River School, Atom & His Package, Silverstein, Glasseater, Taking Back Sunday, Grey Area, Brandtson, Acumen Nation, Fury 66, Mock Orange, Staring back, Spitalfield, The Senate Arcade, Time Spent Driving, Yellowcard. etc...fucking godly (if a bit 'emo' :shifty:)

I don't have a 360, so didn't get the 3rd installment. I've heard it's got a few Paint It Black songs on, so it must be good.

The Tony Hawks games always had pretty good soundtracks.

THPS 1 had;

"Superman" (Goldfinger), "Jerry Was a Racecar Driver" (Primus), "Cyco Vision" (Suicidal Tendencies), "New Girl" (Suicide Machines), "Police Truck" (Dead Kennedys). etc.

THPS 2 had;

"No Cigar" (Millencolin), "May 16th" (Lagwagon), "Cyclone" (Dub Pistols), "Five Lessons Learned" (Swingin Utters), "you" (Bad Religion), "Subculture" (Styles of Beyond). etc.

THPS 3...was actually a bit shit looking at it, but had;

"Ace Of Spades", Del The Funky Homosapien, CKY, Guttermouth, "Blitzkrieg Bop", House Of Pain, The Adolescents...actually scrub that...it has a pretter good soundtrack.

THPS 4 had;

"All My Best Friends Are Metalheads", Avail, De La Soul, Hot Water Music, "Spokesman", "Anarchy In The UK", "Number Of The Beast", "TNT", NWA...quite a 'stacked' soundtrack names wise to be honest.

Underground had a fucking boss soundtrack looking back on it;

The Clash, Authority Zero, Hot Water Music, Paint It Black, Strike Anywhere, Alk3, Stiff Little Fingers, Rise Against, Sublime, Transplants, Bad Religion, In Flames, Mastodon, Busdriver etc.

Underground 2 was a bit of a step down;

Atmosphere, The Casualties, Cut Chemist, Dead Boys, Faith No More, Sinatra, Jimmy Eat World, Johnny Cash, Rancid, Iggy & The Stooges, Sugargill Gang, Suicide Machines....thinking about it, I actually remember being realled pissed off at this soundtrack after the last one.

...then I didn't buy anymore. :shifty:

Edited by YI

• 2 weeks later...

Burnout 3 had an ace soundtrack in parts, simply down to the fact that scattered amongst the huge selection of US punk-pop were the likes of The Futureheads, The Ordinary Boys, Franz Ferdinand, The Von Bondies, the D4 and no doubt a few I've forgotten (bit o Jimmy Eat World and my personal guilty pleasure 'I'm Not Wokay' by My Chem).

I've just got a PS3 with Burnout Paradise and am insulted by The Pigeon Detectives and Bromheads Jacket (Bromheads Jacket!!!! Didn't they split 3 years ago? They should have.)

Burnout 3 had an ace soundtrack in parts, simply down to the fact that scattered amongst the huge selection of US punk-pop were the likes of The Futureheads, The Ordinary Boys, Franz Ferdinand, The Von Bondies, the D4 and no doubt a few I've forgotten (bit o Jimmy Eat World and my personal guilty pleasure 'I'm Not Wokay' by My Chem).

I've just got a PS3 with Burnout Paradise and am insulted by The Pigeon Detectives and Bromheads Jacket (Bromheads Jacket!!!! Didn't they split 3 years ago? They should have.)

I've never heard any TPD songs apart from the one on Burnout Paradise, and I like it...if I'm thinking of the right song. I'm not sorry?

Also, Colly, add Badd-um-tsch to your friends list and we'll gang up on some French bastards online sometime. :shifty:

Edited by Badd-um-tsch

I probably will, although at the minute I've played it all of twice...

And yes, thats the song. The album is basically that song 12-13 times. Imagine the Cribs devoid of any bile or invention, constantly rotate them on Radio 1, and you've got the Pigeon Detectives. Worst thing is, they've just 'done an Arctic Monkeys' and rushed through a second album. The problem they have is that they're no Arctic Monkeys, and their new single sounds exactly the same as everything else.

Edited by Colly

Pigeon Detectives have a new album coming out? Fucking hell. Their last one had like 4 good songs on. Overrated as shit. Good for a pissed up sing-along and that's about it, real no 'substance' in comparison to Libertines, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park etc...and didn't have the consistency of tunes The Wombats and The Cribs and their ilk had.

Edited by YI

That doesn't make sense though cause all the songs sounded the same. Either they were all good or all bad.

Or..."Take Her Back" could have an epic chorus, "I'm Always Right" had a bit of a Libertines vibe (the riff especially), "I Found Out" had an awesome video and was short and snappy and "I'm Not Sorry" builds up and up, and is just a catchy song. The rest...whilst yeah, similar, didn't have the hooks...and just weren't good songs to me.

Fair enough. I liked "I Found Out" and "Caught In Your Trap" is still pretty good. I think of them as one of those bands that sound good at first, but their songs just get boring after a couple of listens. Decent singles, but the rest of the album is very samey. I hated "Take Her Back" though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i regard the tony hawk 2 soundtrack as awesome. i don't particulary listen or like many of the bands on it now, but back then it opened my mind and taught me that there is much better music outside the top 40.

that and napster.

Edited by The Chief