Mario Kart Wii

King Ellis

Just wondering (as we're selling loads of this over the weekend) if this is actually any good? The only review I read was from Edge which has given it 6 out of 10, the same as the shoddy Viking.

It's not quite as good as I was hoping for but it's a lot of fun playing online with friends. 6/10 seems a little harsh, I'd go more for 7.5.

Dragsy just so you know it's 25% on new games and 30% on used. 5% on new consoles and 30% on used. You can also purchase a game in-store at the online price if that works out cheaper.

Cheers. That sucks, at game it was 30% on new software (25% on preowned), and 20% off consoles.

Well we got a shitload of this in for release yesterday and sold every single one by about 3pm today. Even sold all of the extra wheels that were going for £9.99 by themselves. Easily could've sold another 5 or so if we had them. Not sure why everyone's going bananas over this, granted Mario Kart is awesome but this doesn't look all that different to Double Dash or even to the DS Mario Kart. But Nintendo's marvellous marketing strikes again. I suppose most people that have Wiis have never bought a game system before (sweeping generalisation ahoy), so won't have played any of the previous ones, and if that's the case then there's a lot worse shit out there for the Wii that they could be buying instead. So I won't complain. :P

Me and my bro were playing online together tonight, lots of fun. You get ranking points for winning a stuff but he was on the lead profile and it seems that the 2nd player is deemed as a guest so no points for me. Unless there's a way you can, I didn't see anything.

• 1 month later...

Being the Nintendo fanboy I am, I recently got this and must say this may be the 2nd best Mario Kart game yet (behind DS). The tricks just make it very fun.

An what also puts it on top for me is

The fact that the Mii is a secret driver, so it's basically a create a driver

Good Bowser Castle's and Rainbow Road.

I just wish they'd release a Mario Kart game with all tracks from each game, that'd be something.