Russell Brand

Typical Phenom

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, Noel Fielding is a twat too.

Ugh, yeah. I swear I'm the only person I know who doesn't like him. I think he made me laugh once or twice when he was on Buzzcocks, but for those few times there were a whole load more where I just didn't find him funny at all.

I've been a fan since he was so good at the BRITS last year. From there I checked out his first stand-up DVD (wonderful), TV series (sketchy, although I thought Ponderland was great) and finally got in a habit of downloading the podcast. I think the radio show is probably his best work because, as has been pointed out, he's funnier when he's being himself and not playing the "S&M Willy Wonka". The back and forths with Noel Gallagher and the occasional Noel Fielding appearance are great, and his recent interviews with his Forgetting Sarah Marshall co-stars (Seth Rogen was on this week) have been really fun. Great to see him absolutely KILL on Leno, because with the Sandler gig and the upcoming Judd Apatow movie, it's clear he's got plenty of backers in Hollywood.

Sometimes Brand annoys me othertimes I find him funny. I'd heard of him before I saw him doing any comedy stuff, he worked well with Noel Fielding on The Big Fat Quiz of The Year, and he's funny when he's not talking being bawdy for the sake of being bawdy. On the subject of Fielding, I always feel he's not a solo comedian he works best when he has Jullian Barrett to play off both visually and comedically. I do actually think Jullian Barrett is funnier than Fielding though.

• 2 weeks later...