Russell Brand

Typical Phenom

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how those who like him have written paragraphs defending him, whilst those who don't like him are wise enough not to waste as much time as I have in getting to the point that he's an insufferable douche.

Well obviously, it's not exactly the hottest topic of debate for people who don't care about him :P

It's not that I don't care about him, it's more that I loathe this unfunny prick so much that it bothers me when I hear anything about him. Most of the jokes I've seen of his on shos talke about 10 minutes to get to a decent punchline and I gave up caring about 6 minutes previous. It's the same jokes, with the same actions and same stupid noises that just grates at me how someone ould be so well liked with such a faggy look and such toilet humour. All in all, he is a cunt.

I like how those who like him have written paragraphs defending him, whilst those who don't like him are wise enough not to waste as much time as I have in getting to the point that he's an insufferable douche.

Well obviously, it's not exactly the hottest topic of debate for people who don't care about him :P

That and the long posts of praise came first when there was nothing to defend. Either that or it was an attempt to fully answer the original question and create a bit a discussion.

I like how the first half of the thread was all praise and fondness then you got about six posts in a row about how vile he is :lol:

Admittedly, I've only ever seen him on that Big Brother show, but absolutely nothing I saw of him was good. I don't really have anything to say about the man himself, but his act was fucking pathetic. Nine times out of ten the show started with him speaking as fast as he could for five minutes before saying how he got his cock and balls out and came onto someone/something, whilst the audience exploded like they hadn't heard the exact same thing every night of the previous week.

The fact that you guys are defending him by saying he's actually well-read, intelligent or whatever just makes it more annoying that he does live up this sex-obsessed image because well, apparently, he doesn't need to. It also raises bizarre questions about why anyone on earth would go near him with a ten-foot barge pole, considering he looks like a glammed up tramp who lives in a urine-soaked box six nights out of seven.

Oh yeah, Noel Fielding is a twat too.

I LOVE Fielding (mostly the Fielding/Barratt team) but he feels/they feel like one trick ponies, but they're funny. I got a new found love of him from a "Never Mind The Buzzcocks" he was on when Amstell pulled him on his 'random style of comedy' and was like "You just say random words, that's not funny...how's that funny?"...and he just took it in his stride, like he knew that's what he does, and doesn't profess to be this epic comedy god...also the line 10 seconds later of "I'll cut the stuffing out of you like a pillow........with a motorbike made of jealousy" is the pinnacle of the awesome/stupidly random 'gags'.

Russell Brand is alright. Years ago I used to always get him confused with Jo Brand. >_>

I liked that thing he said about Bob Geldof at that awards show a couple of years back though. Something like "Bob Geldof knows a lot about famine, after all, he's been dining out on "I Don't Like Mondays" for the last twenty years." Geldof wasn't too happy.

If I'm in on a Saturday night I occasionally give his radio show a listen. I quite enjoy it and its the best thing on, when all the cool kids are out doing stuff. The rest of his stuff is shite. I've seen some bits of his stand up and it seemed to revolve around him trying to be funny, failing, then just doing that stupid rhyming thing he does, to guffaws from the easily pleased, poor sense of humour laden audience.

Mighty Boosh is shit also. The live action version of Family Guy.

Edited by Iain76er

I think when they're both being themselves and not playing up with whatever shite they script themselves, they're absolutely hilarious. Fielding on Buzzcocks is a prime example as is Brand on Big Fat Quiz of the Year. I find their style of humour quite refreshing to be honest and quite love them.