Band + Cover Song =

Benji

Simple enough, take a band, take a song not done by them and explain why them covering it would be cool to you.

An idea occurs, I'm on another Crazy Town streak and wondered what it'd sound like if RHCP covered "Butterfly" since they provided the original base for the song with a sample of "Pretty Little Ditty", I would love to hear the cover simply because I feel the Chili's could re-arrange the song a little better and I'd love to hear some of Anthony's lighter vocals (IE: Similar to "Hard To Concentrate") too.

The Gaslight Anthem + "Stand By Me".....it seems like such a perfect song for them. I say it because they've been doing like a 30 second 'snippet' of it as an intro into "I'da Called You Woody Joe" at recent live shows. They've also been covering "American Girl" by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, which too is a :wub: song for them to cover. A full cover would be awesome.

It's too late now, but the Dead Kennedys covering Link Wray's "Link's Boogie". Seeing as DK had a prominent surf sound in their music that would translate well into a Link cover, and seeing as the song itself is already pretty raw for it's time, it'd make for a nice match. The only problem is that Jello would be left out of this one as it's an instrumental. On second thought, this cover could still realistically happen.

Motorhead covering Iggy and the Stooges "Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell" for no other reason than it'd be one loud awesome band covering another loud awesome band's loud awesome song.

Motorhead covering Iggy and the Stooges "Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell" for no other reason than it'd be one loud awesome band covering another loud awesome band's loud awesome song.

Personally, I think Motorhead should cover every song they can get their hands on. Lemmy's voice just makes everything a tad more awesome. I don't care if it is Elvis's Blue Seude shoes (which they have covered) or Sweet Caroline (which would be so perfect it would bring about end times.)

The Bee Gees covering Enter Sandman.

Because the Bee Gees would do it better.

:rolleyes:

Motorhead + "Sultans Of Swing" = a version I thought of when I'd hear Sultans Of Swing at work. To me Lemmy's voice would be perfect for it.

The Clarks + "Fire Woman". Clarks lead singer Scott Blasey's got a voice that make anything sound good in my opinion. Fire Woman would be an intriguing cover.

Shinedown or Black Stone Cherry + "Run To You" (Bryan Adams)

Between The Buried And Me + "Africa" (Toto) or "Broken Wings" (Mr. Mister).

Either one, that would be god like.

BTBAM doing Yes' "Heart of the Sunrise" would give me a massive erection.

Metaphorically speaking. Yeah, that's it.

I've always been curious to hear a Godsmack cover of the Alice in Chains song "God Smack". :shifty:

That and I think it would be awesome to see Queens of the Stone Age to do a cover of "Gimme Shelter" by the Rolling Stones. I don't know why, maybe it's my undying love for both that song and QotSA but I think it would be awesome as well.

That and Nine Inch Nails covering "Iron Man" would be interesting as well.

That got me thinking...

I can't help but think that Morgan Freeman narrating my life would totally kickass. :o

Ever since I was a little boy, people have enjoyed hearing the sound of my voice...

:shifty:

On topic, I can't help but think that a NIN cover of Bjork's 'Army Of Me' would be awesome. It's already quasi-heavy, so with NIN, it could be immense.