UK Gladiators Announced

Guest chatterbox

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's an ex-british wrestler (or current, I dunno if he's retired) who I've seen at two shows. I'm assuming that he was used because he's the only guy who can speak into a microphone without sounding like a total idiot.

EDIT: Spartan is a fucking Orton wannabe too.

Edited by Kwanzabot

He's an ex-british wrestler (or current, I dunno if he's retired) who I've seen at two shows. I'm assuming that he was used because he's the only guy who can speak into a microphone without sounding like a total idiot.

EDIT: Spartan is a fucking Orton wannabe too.

Well I'd say he failed miserably at that.

Since Duel it's been pretty good. Putting Duel on first was not the smartest idea. Booo, no Hang Tough?

Duel, which used to be wicked, is horrible. The stands are shit, the water below is stupid. Hit and Run, sure, the water works, but not for all the games.

The whole 'High Tech' look they're using doesn't work for me.

The rolling thing is shite, climbing the pyramid is pointless. And needs a balance beam or something BEFORE the travelator (which now looks really easy).

The ending through the blocks is shite, too.

Oh well.

Back to re-runs on Challenge.

The eliminator's not that bad; the water at the start is good, then the cargo net of course...but seriously, the rolling bit is WAY too Takeshi's Castle/Ninja Warrior. Climbing Pyramid too is a bit ridiculous...

Next week looks good though, especially given the fact Hang Tough & the wall climbing one are back. They were always my favourites.

Well in parts, the Eliminator looks a lot harder now. The swimming and then the cargo net and also the pyramid looks so draining. The stupid rolling thing is shit, the lack of balance beam before the travelator is just wrong, and is it me or is the travelator at an easier angle than it use to be? Mind you, after running up that pyramind and having wet feet, maybe it'd be impossible for it to be as it was.

All in all, awful wrestling promos, crap music and Duel aside I thought it was pretty decent.

What happened to the TV event of the year? :shifty:

The Big O!

Don't get me wrong, it was watchable but it just didn't have the same feel about it, the more updated look so to speak just doesn't work, for me anyway.

Duel was pretty crappy, i actually think the water adds something more about it, that was the only good thing.

That ball game, forget the name was, meh. The women just chucking them ruined it, defeated the object of the game really.

Hit and Run, meh, the Scottish girl totally got whipped out though, that was a classic Gladiator moment already lol.

Pyramid looked seriously, hard. That was ok, the best event of the show.

The Eliminator, i don't know, i felt let down but it had it's moments, i just didn't rate it as much as the original. The opening part looked pretty difficult, well climbing the net outta the water anyway, everyone seemed to struggle.

Overall, just about watchable, i'm sure i'll end up watching the whole series anyway.

Edited by new_era

I first heard they were using a pool for 'Hang tough' and thought it might not ba a bad idea, but having watched it I think they are overusing the water element.

I mean yes it works for 'Hit and Run' but I don't like the Eliminator starting off with swimming. Both times it allowed the 'losing' contender to catch up really quickly and kinda missed the point of them competing for points in the first place.

Traditionally the travellator was the place where the losing contender could catch up, and that always made it interesting.

Also did anyone think the Gladiators looked like they'd just stepped out of a fetish bar. It's really hard for me to take someone seriously as a 'tough guy' when they're wearing PVC. 'What are ya gonna do, break into a chorus of YMCA?'

The old outfits were good enough, and looked much more like traditional athletic apparel.

Well I noticed Carly's nipples after both her dunks into water. I watched part of an old Gladiators on Virgin before watching the new one today. It was just as enjoyable but.

The uniforms for the new gladiators are a tad fetishy looking. It's clear Oblivion is the "new Wolf" and I'm guessing Inferno is being set up as the heel woman. Having two events over water was a bit over kill on the water I thought. Why not just put one event over water rather than eliminating the crash mats totally? I missed the swing through the paper eliminator from the old series. Blocks just doesn't do it for me.