The Official "OMG I GOT IT!" Thread

zero

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh never saw this thread, posted in the other one by mistake.

Em, so yeah I got it. Played for a few hours, broke for lunch, gonna hop back on in a minute. No multiplayer yet though, wanna play through the game a bit more first.

And you get a one month Xbox Live Gold trial too, woop!

Don't you just hate it when you try and buy a game and the assistant refuses to sell it to you because you're under 18? <_<

How dare he not break the law for you. Outrageous. :P

It's not a law though :mellow:

I just picked it up, however I cannot play it until later when my girlfriend gets home as per our agreement. She's more excited for the damn thing than I am.

And there was a fucktonne of copies behind the glass at EB. One half PS3, other half 360. Was quite a sight.

It's more the fact that he noticed that I was too young. You know, I didn't bother shaving today just so I could look over 18 but it didn't work. He asked for ID, at which point I hoped he was either really bad at maths or thought today was the 14th of November 2008 as I gave him my provisional. Didn't work unfortunately. :(

Don't you just hate it when you try and buy a game and the assistant refuses to sell it to you because you're under 18? <_<

How dare he not break the law for you. Outrageous. :P

It's not a law though :mellow:

It is in the UK - BBFC ratings are legally enforcable. If a sales assistant sells (or rather is caught selling) a 12, 15 or 18 rated game or movie to someone underage then they could be liable for something like a £2,000 fine that has to be paid by you and not your employer. That's why I always ask if I'm not sure, and especially with games like GTA that attract mass media coverage, we're normally warned that newspapers or other media could send in people to test us. And if it ends up in the news that we sold it, then whoever did would most likely lose their bollocks along with the fine. >_<

You only have to be 15 down here, But it wouldnt have had been a problem anyway seeing as everyone there looked over 15 anyway, But last night, The guard let us in at in at 10:30 and told us 3 rules 1. No fucking around 2. Line up on the left and 3. "I'm first in line, fuckers"