Ok, admit it

LexChaney

While I'd agree that Bust a Move is a fucking anthem and a half, and it still holds up even though it's been raped by every movie and television show since it's release, I'm less impressed by the rest of that album... :/

I'll give it another go though.

post-426070-1178508372.jpg

...I don't think I've listened to anything else, except perhaps Pennywise, all week. I'm slightly scared.

:wub:

This is actually where my eternal love of Mandy Moore began (yes, it's a recent thing). Really nice album. "Most Of Me", "Extraordinary", "Gardenia", "Ladies Choice", "Few Days Down", "All Good Things" are some great little tunes.

Edited by YI

In general I think people tend to be surprised when they find out that I'm partial to rap and hip-hop at times; a good friend of mine was amazed when she found out that I liked Saul Williams, and couldn't believe that I'd been to see him (admittedly by coincidence; he was supporting NIN when I saw them), and plenty of people assume my Wu-Tang love is ironic when it's far from it.

I get this a lot as well. I'm not a huge hip hop/rap fan, but there are/were some great rappers out there. I was playing a Mr. Lif record a few weeks back, and my sister in law said that she was surprised that she heard rap instead of whatever wacky rock and roll it is I listen to. I'm actually quite a big fan of artists like Eazy E, Erik B. and Rakim, Mr. Lif, Busta Rhymes, and Public Enemy.

I'm also in love with the main theme song from the movie "Last of the Mohicans". I don't know how many of you are familiar with it, but I think it's fantastic. It's beautiful, it's epic, and it's something that I can't stop listening to. For those of you unfamiliar with the movie, you may remember the song from an NFL commercial that featured Shawn Merriman and Ladainian Tomlinson.

I've seen Neil Diamond live, he was great.

Also, I've only heard "Bleeding Love" or whatever it's called, but judging by that Leona Lewis ain't half bad.

I don't feel bad about liking it, but I do find it funny that in a CD collection that mostly contains rock/metal/extreme metal, one of my favourite albums is David Gray's 'White Ladder'.

Add that to a love for John Denver, Neil Diamond and Grath Brooks.

I'm listening to the new Mandy Moore cd, and holy shit this is fucking awesome. I don't have a problem admitting it, even though I told my girlfriend what I was listening to and she laughed at me (But I showed her some songs, and I'm the one laughing now). But yeah this cd is class.