Ok, admit it

LexChaney

Okay people, admit it, what song have you been listening to at the moment that you wouldn't normally like and that everyone else must hate, or what seems to be a strange song that you like.

I for one have found myself listening to "Piece of me" by Britney and "Wow" by Kylie, normally I would hate these songs except for Kylie, but I for once love them and listen to them a lot on my iPod. I always listen to rock and metal but god knows why I seem to love these at the moment.

I know I'm well late on this, but I picked up "Alright, Still" by Lily Allen the other day, because there was a track on it from a Mark Ronson Essential Mix that was pretty good. Never really bothered to listen to her before, cause I am/was all like.. rawr... Metal, and she isn't. Imagine my suprise when the whole album is fan-bloody-tastic.

To pick one track above the rest and abide by the rules of the thread, I'd go with 'Everythings Wonderful'. I skip back to that one a few times before continuing with the album.

"Low" by Flo Rida and T-Pain. Like most people know me as a bit of a rock/indie kid, not so much punk even though I like it more than anything really. And quirky electro stuff.

So I try to hide the fact I like a song by black people.

From what I heard "Four Minutes" by Madonna, Justin Timberlake and Timberland sounds pretty good, not that I would admit that to anyone I know off the board.

Sousa "Bat out of Hell" is pure classic at it best, I'm a big Meatloaf fan so I agree fuck anyone that says it ain't good.

I prefer "Paradise By The Dashboard Light" to "Bat.." but hey. They're both awesome.

Anyway, I'm just gonna go ahead and say Amy Winehouse's Back To Black album.

Stuff that I like, and in some cases LOVE, that people not might expect due to the fact that I mostly listen to...well, whatever it is I mostly listen to....would probably mostly be "Little Star" by Kelis and Cee-Lo, which is a fantastic little pop single...Kelis in general is pretty class, and Gnarls Barkley are absolutely brilliant. I also quite like Arctic Monkeys' version of Amy Winehouse's "You Know I'm No Good", despite not being a fan of either band, and also Tom Jones' version of "I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor"; in fact, Tom Jones covering "alternative" "hits" is usually great; him and The Divine Comedy covering Portishead is ridiculously good. I also liked a Sean Paul song, that "I'm Still In Love With You, Boy" one..."well I'm a hustler and a player, and you know I'm not a stayer"...brilliant. Kate Nash is fucking amazing, but I think it's more bizarre to think that she's a "pop star" than to think that I like her, as she ticks a lot of boxes for what I'm in to anyway.

In general I think people tend to be surprised when they find out that I'm partial to rap and hip-hop at times; a good friend of mine was amazed when she found out that I liked Saul Williams, and couldn't believe that I'd been to see him (admittedly by coincidence; he was supporting NIN when I saw them), and plenty of people assume my Wu-Tang love is ironic when it's far from it.

Erm...that's about it. I'm pretty useless when it comes to pop music, or contemporary music of most kinds, I'm pretty much clueless...half the time I usually like stuff that's in the charts, but don't hear it for months or years after it comes out.

Low.

Was that a comment on the previous poster, or do you mean the band Low? Because Low are class.

Also, if "Thou Shalt Always Kill" is owt to go by, Scroobius Pip's pretty damn alright.