Songs That Sample Video Games

Benji

DJ Scotch Egg does loads of stuff with 8-bit samples, same goes for 8-Bit Weapon. Not necessarily samples per-sé, but 8-bit chip music.

Crystal Castles have a few game samples on their album. Couple sound like Mario or something. Apparently they mutilated an Atari chip and jammed it in a synthesiser too.

Makes a bit of sense, seeing as how Crystal Castles was a videogame.....and I think one by Atari. I don't remember for sure, because I maybe only played it once if at all.

I'd love to see someone do a video game sampling Space Invaders (yeah, right!), Donkey Kong Jr (I used to be able to do a killer beat box version of the music) or Moon Patrol, personally. Music-wise, Moon Patrol was the shit back in the day.

Wondering if someone posted HORSE the Band yet, obviously not. Although they don't directly sample a lot of songs, they do use a KORG synthesizer that the keyboardist is able to make it sound like video game music. One song they are able to replicate well is the Boos from Mario, when you are in the haunted houses and whatnot.

A link to Cutsman, about...Cutsman, from Megman.

• 2 weeks later...
Crystal Castles have a few game samples on their album. Couple sound like Mario or something. Apparently they mutilated an Atari chip and jammed it in a synthesiser too.

Don't forget all the 8-bit artists they stole material from.

Don't forget all the 8-bit artists they stole material from.

And graphic artists they stole artwork from!