The Summer Transfer Thread

Far as I can see, with Barry and Keane and Berba, the players *probably* want to go but the clubs are not letting them. Which is the same situation with Ronaldo. I know people jumped down Blatters throat for what he said a couple of weeks ago but I personally took his "slavery" statement to be somewhat accurate, not literally (as the world and his mother seemed to take it) but metaphorically at least. Clubs are trying to protect there own assets at the expense of allowing their players to move freely to other clubs. Are Ronaldo and Barry and perhaps Keane and Berbatov bound now to remain at clubs that they don't want to play for? It seems to me it would be better for the clubs to let the players go if that is the players wish. However, the problem lies that Barry, Ronaldo, Keane and Berbatov are in a sense franchise players at their respective clubs. Letting them go is bad for the club, but it seems worse for the player if they wish to go and are not allowed to.

It's not slavery at all because none of the players mentioned have handed in a transfer request, as far as we know. The parallel would be someone working in a regular job and claiming to be 'trapped' in their job when they haven't handed in their notice. If a prominent player honestly wants to leave then handing in a transfer request almost always gets the job done.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I see it, FIFA have given the ok to clubs declaring their interest in a player through the media (whether it's a website/magazine they own or an independent one) by saying Real haven't acted illegaly in how they're chased Ronaldo.

Apparently Spurs have submitted a dossier that details a year's worth of Man Utd wrong-doing about Berbatov or something :/

And according to ESPN, Zenit St Petersburg are claiming Spurs are very interested in Arshavin but are only willing to pay about £16m, £5.5m short of the asking price.

I want Guzan in the Premiership.

Can we not just give him a work permit on that principal?

As far as I know Guzan should have no problem getting a work permit this time around he has been playing quite a bit with the national team lately when Howard hasnt been in, and should have enough time to get a permit.

On another note it looks like Freddy Adu is going to AS Monaco in Ligue One on loan with the option to buy. Should be a good move for him since he has gone through 4 coaches already in the past year and was riding the pine. Dont know what the situation is like at Monaco but he should atleast have more of an oppurtuity to play then he did an Benfica.

On another note it looks like Freddy Adu is going to AS Monaco in Ligue One on loan with the option to buy. Should be a good move for him since he has gone through 4 coaches already in the past year and was riding the pine. Dont know what the situation is like at Monaco but he should atleast have more of an oppurtuity to play then he did an Benfica.

19 and going onto his 4th team. That is fucking insane.

Valon Behrami to West Ham for £5m.

If he's as good in real life as he is on FM, thats a lovely bit of business.