The Summer Transfer Thread

Marseille say they have agreed a deal with Sunderland for Djibril Cisse to join them on a season-long loan. Get out of the way, Michael Chopra >_>

I guess it means they're not too high on their chances of landing Saha. Which makes sense with Man Utd's current striker situation.

Edited by AD

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal have signed Manchester United's France international defender Mikael Silvestre for an undisclosed fee.

The 31-year-old joined United in September 1999 and had one year left on his contract at Old Trafford, but has now signed a two-year deal at Arsenal.

He made 249 Premier League appearances in nearly nine years with United.

Silvestre, also linked with Manchester City and Bordeaux, missed most of last season with a knee ligament injury, but returned to action in April.

More to follow.

Edited by TheArsenal

Earlier this week there were rumours of Sunderland signing Silvertre, now Arsenal have just gone and signed him.

This makes no sense :P

According to press reports, he was in the middle of a medical when he heard Arsenal were interested, so he left the medical without finishing it and drove to see Arsene Wenger.

Earlier this week there were rumours of Sunderland signing Silvertre, now Arsenal have just gone and signed him.

This makes no sense :P

According to press reports, he was in the middle of a medical when he heard Arsenal were interested, so he left the medical without finishing it and drove to see Arsene Wenger.

Not a nice thing to do, but if it was me I would have done the same.

Haven't even heard any mention of Silvestre for us really. So I doubt he was in a medical with us at the time.

Still, good signing for Arsenal, he's still good and can pad out the squad a bit at the back.

Edited by IAceI

Haven't even heard any mention of Silvestre for us really. So I doubt he was in a medical with us at the time.

Still, good signing for Arsenal, he's still good and can pad out the squad a bit at the back.

Press report said Man City.

He'll wear the 18 shirt, previously worn by Gilles Grimandi and Pascal Cygan.

Big shoes to fill...

Grimandi was solid enough. Just was never more than a squad player.

Edited by TheArsenal

Very bizzare signing, totally unexpected, I hope this isn't the player Wenger was saying he would definatley sign before the return Champion's League game though it seems a bit out of the blue, he could be a useful addition though to the squad as I have never really liked looking at the fact that Senderos was first in line to replace either Toure or Gallas, Silvestre is a much more solid defender than him.