The Summer Transfer Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, any news on Veloso?

None yet.

All these signings of players you never thought would move to a Premier League club.

Like FM08 goes reality style.

Wonder if anyone will play Diablo style?

I saw Derby rejected a bid for Giles Biles from Newcastle. That player, those clubs - every game of FM08 I've ever played.

Edited by TheArsenal

Wonder if this regime is going to be like the Newcastle one or the Villa one?

Newcastle they only buy players approved by Wise and Ashley wheras Lerner lets MON get on with it.

For the record, i'm sure that Ashley has absolutely nothing to do with any transfer sans setting the transfer budget in the first place. I can't think of any recent transfers that have been blocked by the owner (well apart from Diarra, but seriously... Diarra)

What it's starting to look like is that Newcastle have got an amazing scouting network (well.. depending on whether these signings sink or swim) and rather than the manager going out to individually talk to these players he's getting calls from scouts who are convinced they've found gold dust.

In all honesty I think Keegan knows that he'd never be able to take huge risks at this point in time and maybe will end up with more money next transfer market. Lerner didn't just give O'Neil all this money in his first and second windows and has only started loosening his coinpurse once O'Neil has been proven as a solid manager with a good eye for signings

Chelsea fans reaction to Robinho...

"at work there all taking the piss out of me kenyon is a knob OI roman sack the manc one now"

"Kenyon piss up in a restaurant in Spain with his Robinho shirt on makes ua a laughing stock. Has he taken his Champions League loser medal off yet ? doubt it the Manc loving twat "

" i think we missed out big time on robinho and not signing anyy big names is not good for us"

I guess Berba is official with Campbell going on loan.

Zombie has reminded me though of the pre-order thing on the Chelsea Robinho shirts, I wonder if some charity in Africa will be getting a lot of shirts soon.

Chelsea fans reaction to Robinho...

"at work there all taking the piss out of me kenyon is a knob OI roman sack the manc one now"

"Kenyon piss up in a restaurant in Spain with his Robinho shirt on makes ua a laughing stock. Has he taken his Champions League loser medal off yet ? doubt it the Manc loving twat "

" i think we missed out big time on robinho and not signing anyy big names is not good for us"

I love how Chelsea fans don't think Deco is a big name signing! :lol:

Wonder if this regime is going to be like the Newcastle one or the Villa one?

Newcastle they only buy players approved by Wise and Ashley wheras Lerner lets MON get on with it.

For the record, i'm sure that Ashley has absolutely nothing to do with any transfer sans setting the transfer budget in the first place. I can't think of any recent transfers that have been blocked by the owner (well apart from Diarra, but seriously... Diarra)

What it's starting to look like is that Newcastle have got an amazing scouting network (well.. depending on whether these signings sink or swim) and rather than the manager going out to individually talk to these players he's getting calls from scouts who are convinced they've found gold dust.

In all honesty I think Keegan knows that he'd never be able to take huge risks at this point in time and maybe will end up with more money next transfer market. Lerner didn't just give O'Neil all this money in his first and second windows and has only started loosening his coinpurse once O'Neil has been proven as a solid manager with a good eye for signings

Lerner has NEVER been a tight ass with MON. Ever since he first came he has always said the money is there for his leisure.