Great PS2 games?

slain

My mom told me that I can't have an Xbox 360 or PS3 until Christmas time (at the earliest), so I've started playing my PS2 again. I own about 40 games for it (half of them being shit), and I've beaten most of them (the ones I haven't beaten, I have no interest in beating). Recommend me some really great PS2 games that I can pick up for a cheap price, and have some fun playing. Thanks guys.

The good games I own are:

- Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal

- Black

- Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

- Grand Theft Auto: III, Vice City, and San Andreas

- Prince of Persia

- God of War II

- NHL '07 and '08

- SmackDown!: Shut Your Mouth to SmackDown! Vs. RAW 2008

- Indigo Prophecy

- Lego Star Wars I and II

- Psychonauts

- Stuntman: Ignition and the first one

- Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

- Fight Night: Round 2

- Killzone

- Timesplitters III?: Future Perfect

Edited by slain

My friend told me that Freedom Fighters and Shadow of the Colossus are both great games. Has anyone played them and really enjoyed them? I think I played Freedom Fighters once, but that was back in 2004-ish.

Dynasty Warriors! amazing hack and slash game if you are into that sort of genre..I reccomend Dynasty Warriors 5 or 4, if you are already aware of the game and the history surrounding it buy Orochi Warriors which combines it with another game called Samurai Warriors.

Great or even good games is somewhat subjective. For example, I thought Freedom Fighters was way overrated (at least according to the reviews it got from Gamespot). On the other hand, I enjoyed Legacy of Kain: Defiance and Secret Weapons over Normandy which both got lukewarm (or worse) reviews.

That said, here's a couple games I enjoyed (enough to buy, and i'm extremely cheap).

Godfather

Mercenaries

Yeah, they may seem like cheap GTA knockoffs, but Godfather has some great gun physics, the ability to evolve the way your character looks as you get money, and a fun little hand-to-hand system.

Mercenaries on the other hand, adds the twist of being able to call in airstrikes, and blow things up. The best part about it is that with enough firepower you can blow up anything in the game (except trees and landscape for some reason).

MSG series

Hitman Series

MSG series is an obvious one and all the games in the series are a blast. I really enjoyed MSG3 though.

Hitman series is really only for you if you enjoy being patient and maybe even doing some trial and error on your way to solving an objective. I really enjoy it though.

Psi-Ops

Second Sight

Two games that are really about having mind powers. They both came out around the same time, and they're both fun in their own way. Second sight is the more stealth/cover type game while Psi-Ops is more run-and-gun. Also Psi-Ops is on the gorier side for a ps2 game, while Second Sight is rated T.

Another game that I found surprisingly fun, although I didn't buy it is 007: Everything or Nothing. For a Bond game (which other than Goldeneye on N64 have traditionally been shit) it's pretty good. Hand-to-Hand is kind of fun, and I liked trying to beat any level I could without firing a single shot (all hand-to-hand)

Another game that I liked, although some might not is Def Jam: Fight for NYC . I went into it expecting it to be really stupid (I only rented it because I could get it for like a dollar being that it was an older game). However, I was very pleasantly surprised. It might not be as deep move-wise as a traditional fighter like a Tekken or Mortal Kombat, but it's a lot of fun.

Again, I don't know if any of these are -great- games, but they're all games that I thoroughly enjoyed. And even though I've beaten almost all of them, I still play all of them on a regular basis.