Day Time British TV

brenchill

I've got 56 days ahead of me of doing nothing till I go in the Army (I'm no longer going to Catterick luckily... It's Bassingbourn now which is just as desilet) so what are the recomendations from all the students/JSA claimers out there? Personally, I've become quite attached to:

dm.jpg

Edited by brenchill

Neighbours is the only show on in the daytime!

Though Homes Under the Hammer is an OK "I just woke the fuck up and I don't fancy moving" show but I'd never watch it out of anything other then laziness.

A few years back FIVE had Magnum PI on at lunchtimes. That was awesome.

Homes Under The Hammer is fucking diabolical. I watch telly at work, and we can only pick up BBC1, so I get stuck with that every bastard day. To Buy Or Not To Buy is miles better, although they seem to have some kind of deal where BBC1 needs to show a shit equivalent program, and then something better - Homes Under The Hammer, followed by To Buy Or Not To Buy, Cash In The Attic, followed by Bargain Hunt.

Anyway, it's all about Rosemary & Thyme.

Add me to Skummy's Homes Under The Hammer Hate Club. Not only are they promoting property development (which I hate and wished people wouldn't do), but it is presented by those two muppets, who I can only presume are estate agents doing a little extra work on the days off, as they are both extremely smarmy and hateable and deserve their homes to collapse on them. There is also not much point to it. Some people buy a crappy house, they have a little interview with them saying what they want to do, they come back to the couple 6 months later having done what they said they would. Whoop-de-fucking-do.

The Wright Stuff, To Buy Or Not To Buy, more recently Trisha, The Politics Show on a Wednesday, Neighbours are the programs for me. I've exhausted all of Diagnosis Murder after 4 years of seeing daytime TV fairly regularly. They should put Monk back on in the murder mystery slot.

The best is when someone buys a house, they come back six months later, and fuck all's happened. Why televise that? It's just some smarmy cunt with a weird voice going on about damp problems.

Diagnosis Murder is the finest television program ever made. I want to download every episode from somewhere...I've probably seen them all, twice...but still, I want them. It's some damn fine television. Made even better by the fact nobody's entirely sure when it was made. :shifty:

That bald guy who was on everything, "Dom" or something...what a fucking prick. I hate him.

Jenny Bond on "Cash In The Attic" can fuck off as well.

The house programs are fucking terrible. Skummy's right about it. They never fucking do anything. Or on the house hunt ones, they never actually move in to any of the houses, yet the hosts are always like "Another success!!" Fuck off.

Challenge TV is fucking amazing. Family Fortunes and Catchphrase. Amazing.

Now I think about it, it does look like something that could of been made in any era from the 70's onwards.

That's my point. I know when it's actually made, but it looks so 'old', cheesy and tacky at the same time. It's why I love it so much.

My favourite Diagnosis Murder season is when they decided to make one ongoing storyline throughout it, which started with Mark Sloane going to jail, and bombs and conservative talk show hosts soon getting involved. It got horribly convulated in the end, it stopped making any semblance of sense. So awesome.