Avram Grant Sacked

IAceI

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These people their talking to, ex-Chelsea players, it's quite obvious being fans of the clubs they want success - and don't want to alienate themselves from the team in favour of one person who has no part in the club anymore.

They should start speaking to some more neutral people perhaps, because we're just getting one perspective on it here.

I posted this in the CL final thread, but Mourinho - Unlimited funds, second in the league, semi-final of the Champions League = He's a genius, how dare you get rid of him!?

Grant - One major transfer, second in the league, final of the Champions League - uselss, fuck him off.

Grant brought Chelsea to a place it's never been before, Grant played a lot of the season without his 3 star players Terry, Lampard and Drogba, Grant came second in the league cup, premier league and the champions league, why sack him? If they really felt like sacking someone they should have sacked Drogba. Such attitude shown at the final was possibly what cost Chelsea the win (it's rumoured that Drogba was meant to take the last penalty). Grant did a fantastic job as Chelseas manager, he will be missed!

I didn't like the move they made to bring Grant in the first place, but HE did bring Chelsea to within one PK of winning the Champions' League title. And you can pretty much blame Drogba for that as well; never should have tapped Vidic in the face with the referee in plain sight. Bad move, Drogba. Had they won the CL, he probably would have been safe for next season, but that's just my interpretation.

I think sacking Avram Grant is a stupid decision, on par with sacking Sven.

He had to take over from one of the most charismatic, and loved Premiership bosses; spent little-to-no money in the summer; had to win over a whole squad mourning the loss of the Special One. And he still gave Man Utd a better chase to the Title. Everything where Chelsea came runner-up to Utd was a very close call, absolutely down to the wire.

I think Chelsea might eventually fall into Newcastle territory, where every bit of momentum they start building disappears when the manager is sacked due to "not doing good enough."

Guest Some Daft Punk
I think sacking Avram Grant is a stupid decision, on par with sacking Sven.

He had to take over from one of the most charismatic, and loved Premiership bosses; spent little-to-no money in the summer; had to win over a whole squad mourning the loss of the Special One. And he still gave Man Utd a better chase to the Title. Everything where Chelsea came runner-up to Utd was a very close call, absolutely down to the wire.

I think Chelsea might eventually fall into Newcastle territory, where every bit of momentum they start building disappears when the manager is sacked due to "not doing good enough."

I bet you Sven's reaction to Jose's sacking earlier in the season was in the lines of "Fuck! I should've waited a bit longer!"

Well at least it takes the attention off of John Terry.

article-1021195-015BAC3C00000578-864_468x265.jpg

pigjv5ow30xof9hnsrrx.jpg

And I didn't like Grant and his incredibly dull football mentality but I can't see any strong argument for getting rid of him based off the results he's had since taking charge.

It's a stupid decision. Yeah, the guy was less charismatic than Bobby Lashley, but he was doing a good job with the team - no spectacular transfers, less talking, more doing...

What I'm very interested in, is who will be Grant's replacement.

Not true, he just has a very poor understanding of the English language. I watched an interview that he did for an Israeli website before the final and he spoke much more confidently and with a wider vocabulary then 'we play good footbal in the first half, i think man untd play good football and that alex ferguson is a manager that knows how to show good football.'

I figured no matter what Grant would be gone. I also have a sneaking suspicion Chelsea are going down the same road Real went down a few years ago, going though managers and signing big players but not winning anything or meeting any expectations.

Going 22-8-1 (W-D-L) in League Play since taking over for Mourinho wasn't a bad effort for Grant, it's just that the team itself expected better result and they didn't see Grant as the long-term future of this club. However, losing to Man United in both the Community Shield and the CL Final, not to mention a split with them during league play, doesn't exactly scream of "We're ready to take over the Premier League for years to come."