I Want the Best...so Who is the Best?

JStarr

Save_Us.222

There was much speculation about when Chris Jericho would return to the WWE late last year, with it finally happening on a December edition of RAW. But what if Y2J returned on a completely different night? Your job is to write Chris Jericho's return, whether it be a promo, match or run in. The only rules are that the SaveUs.222 campaign must be acknowledged by Jericho & that Y2J must be in a high-profile segment.
Edited by TheTruth

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One-shot biznatches? Mmmkay, I've got one to start, and I'll definitely have more later.

Option #2

In his book, Eric Bischoff says that in the event that Hulk Hogan refused to be the third member of the nWo at the 1996 Bash at the Beach, Sting was slated to turn. Hogan's motivations were, of course, easy to rationalize... but why would Sting turn?

Your task is to write an ending of the WCW vs. Outsiders match (Lex Luger, Randy Savage, and Sting vs. Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, and the third man) in which Sting turns on his team. Then, you must write a promo in which Sting explains his motives. They must make sense in a heelish sort of way.

So, thanks to Mr. Hall of Fame himself, the legendary Teej, we now have a home for the KotD, just like we did back in the day.

Feel free to continue posting in THIS topic, but the rest of the space will be occupied by the matches, which I'm planning to start posting rules for tomorrow afternoon.

And Sousa, you need to check your inbox and get back to me. Thank you. Carry on.

I'm going to be watching, bitching about all of you.

Imagine me as the Nina Garcia to your Heidi Klum. Only 1% of you will get that reference, by the way.

I think you'd be surprised how many Project Runway watchers EWB has, Kat.

Oh I shall add one last set of potential rules.

In my WWF 1997 Diary I had the majority of WM for 98 planned out. So hey, you get to write it as follows:

-Free For All Match: The Hart Foundation (Bulldog, Pillman, and The Anvil) vs. The Patriot and The Legion Of Doom

Foundation are heels. Just the results.

-WWF Intercontinental Title Match: Slightly Less Than Perfect Al Snow© vs. Rocky Maivia (w/Marlena)

No more than three sentence write-up. Al is a face and still part of DX (Al, Rude, The Modrn Day Outlaws, and Perfect) while Rocky and Marlena are heels and part of The Helmsley Trust (Rocky, Marlena, Hunter, and Jeff Jarrett).

-WWF European Title Triple Threat Submission Match: The Submission Machine Kama© vs. The World's Most Dangerous Man Ken Shamrock vs. Bart

No more than three sentence write-up. Kama is a monster and he has defeated both of the previous Euro Champions. Shamrock was injured at The Rumble and is making his big return as the big face. Bart is a tweener.

-WWF Tag Team Titles Match: The Helmsley Trust (Hunter and Jarrett)© vs. The Modern Day Outlaws (Billy The Kid and Jesse James)

No more than three sentence write-up. All other members of DX and The Helmsley Trust are barred from ringside or be fired. DX are the faces and The Trust the heels.

-Freaks On A Leash Match: Goldust vs. Mankind

No more than six sentence write-up. Goldust helped Mankind merge his four personalities and the duo became four month Tag Team Champions, however when they lost the belts to The Helmsley Trust Goldust turned on Mankind and the two became embroiled in a bitter and violent feud. It shall be ended in a Dog Collar Match, aka Freaks On A Leash Match.

--I Quit Forever Match: Crush vs. Vader

No more than six sentence write-up. Another bitter feud coming to it's inevitable end, with the winner forcing the loser to quit the WWF forever. Crush is the face and Vader the uber heel.

-The Undertaker vs. Owen Hart

No more than six sentence write-up. Owen Hart defeated The Undertaker to become the WWF World Champion at KOTR in 1997. Since that time these two have been embroiled in a feud that has been on and off for the last ten months. It's time to end it. Taker is the face and Owen in the heel.

-Rubber Match: The Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels vs. The Hitman Bret Hart

Full match write-up. For the third WrestleMania in a row HBK and The Hitman meet one on one. Both men won a match, this is the decider to see who is the best. The winner gets a World Title shot the at the following PPV. HBK is a face and Hart is a heel.

-WWF World Title Match: Stone Cold Steve Austin© vs. Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig

Full match write-up. Both men are faces. Stone Cold defeated Vader and Perfect at The Rumble to win his first ever world title when he pinned the champion Vader. Howevr Perfect went on to win The Rumble later that night when he, Vader, Crush, and HBK were the final four. Perfect has had a tremendous year since he returned, two time IC Champion and one time Tag Team Champion with Al Snow. Now he wants to end the year with a bang and become WWF Champion for the first time. Austin feuded with The Hart Foundation for the summer, Taker in the fall, and finally Vader in the winter. He has no plans to be a champion for such a short period of time.

There ya go.

And Sousa, you need to check your inbox and get back to me. Thank you. Carry on.

Haven't forgotten--my computer time was just pretty limited the last couple of nights. You'll be hearing from me tonight. (Y)

All right, seeds have been assigned, first-round pairings are made, and rules are starting to be sent.

NOW, since these entries all call for one segment, a shorter deadline shouldn't be too unreasonable. Entries will be due THURSDAY NIGHT by midnight. That gives you five days from when the rules are sent. If you don't get on until Tuesday, sorry. As soon as both entries in a pairing are received in my PM box, they will be posted with a poll for fan voting. Ultimately, the judges will decide, however, and TGC, DMN, and Sousa will also be asked to post their votes in each topic.

I do ask that no one put up posts going, "Mine's sent," or something of the sort. Simply send to me and wait, please. If time starts getting short, I will get in touch with you.

Alternately, if you are not going to be able to complete your entry, please PM me with that as well. Remember that the first round carries no suspension threat, although you will be a disgrace to your country and your momma.

All right, rules have been sent out. The following writers have received first-round byes:

FlatDoughnut

GCCWolverine

Mr. K. Kennedy

Personal Jesus

TheTruth

God-Awful

Typical Phenom

Essa

HailtotheKing

Everyone that has received a PM, once again, has until Thursday night at midnight EDT to reply with their entries. If you signed up, are not on the above list, and did not get a PM, please PM me as soon as possible so I can get you your rules.

EDIT: Oh, and if you are on the above list, stay on your toes. As soon as I am fully able to set up your second-round match, you will get your set of rules.

Edited by Alexander Nevermind

People on yon list above are the top 9 seeds.

Congrats, FD, thou art #1...since the guys who offered up rules got the top 5 spots.

EDIT: And lo and behold, we already have the first entry back. Woo.

Edited by Alexander Nevermind

• 1 month later...

All right, we've had our first pullout for the final. His suspension will start when the other entries are actually posted. And I suppose I should have done this last week when the board came back up, but do any of the finalists need the rules again? If so, I fear for your ability to get done on time...but there may be an extension involved, because I am honestly not 100% sure it was this Wednesday that I'd set as the deadline. More like 80%... :/

PM me if you need the set once more.