I Want the Best...so Who is the Best?

JStarr

Haven't decided if I want to take part or not, but I can definitely toss up some rules ideas for you JStarr. Can you give me an idea or two I can use as a guideline for how much commitment to be looking for?

We don't need anything terribly huge. Something about the size of the one TGC posted up would be good for the early rounds.

That's not considered huge? Pfft.

Edit: I retract my previous statement about Sousa.

Edited by Typical Phenom

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing the Paula Abdul role of probably being pretty positive (mainly because we know he's already used to playing the woman) will be JP Sousa.

"I just want to say that as a judge of this music competition, your outfit looks beautiful." *has nervous breakdown*

In other news, RULES!

The Blonde Bytch Project, Re-Imagined (By Which I Mean Actually Imagined This Time)

"Three nights ago, two sports entertainers disappeared in the woods near Ames, Iowa while shooting a documentary. Yesterday afternoon, their footage was found."

So began the infamous Blonde Bytch Project... or, at least, so began the one and only promo for the infamous Blonde Bytch Project. Briefly, the background: Stevie Richards and the Blue Meanie had recently arrived in the WWF, and Sable had only recently left. The Blonde Bytch Project was meant to be a spoof of the ultra-popular film The Blair Witch Project and was meant to rip into the departing Sable. Look it up.

Long story short: the vignettes were cut short after just one week since Vince McMahon had never seen The Blair Witch Project. Vince Russo, author of the skits, was disappointed, as he has said he believed they could've been used to springboard Richards and Meanie.

Only in this scenario, the vignettes weren't cancelled, the Blonde Bytch was discovered, and Stevie Richards and the Blue Meanie became one of the hottest tag teams in the WWF.

Your assignment:

1. We know how the Blonde Bytch Project would've likely gone. Parodies of this film had been done to death. Therefore, you will begin by writing ending to the Blonde Bytch Project vignettes, in which Meanie and Richards discover the Blonde Bytch. You may use any blonde woman who worked for the WWF any time that year, including Ryan Shamrock, Terri Runnels, Debra, Luna Vachon, Barbara Bush, and the debuting Miss Kitty. Alternatively, the Blonde Bytch may be a male manager in drag. Either way, the vignettes must be used as a means to introduce a new third member to the Stevie/Meanie entourage.

2. Write an ending to the New Age Outlaws vs. Edge & Christian WWF Tag Team Title match at Unforgiven. Richards, the Meanie, and the Blonde Bytch must play a role in the ending as the Meanie and Richards (or all three) make a play for the WWF Tag Team Titles.

3. Write a promo on the next night's Raw in which the new stable announces its intentions. The WWF Tag Team Champions (either the heel New Age Outlaws or a pre-nerd turn babyface Edge & Christians) must be the targets; they may or may not be involved in the promo.

4. Map out Stevie & The Meanie's rise to the top contendership over the next four months. At least three of the WWF's other tag teams must be involved in some way (The Acolytes, the New Age Outlaws, the New Brood [Hardy Boyz], Edge & Christian, Hardcore & Crash Holly, the Dudleyz, Mankind & Al Snow, the Mean Street Posse, and Too Cool are all possibilities).

5. Write out in full a four-team match at the 2000 Royal Rumble in which some combination of Stevie, Meanie, and the Blonde Bytch win the WWF Tag Team Titles. Whichever member of the team isn't wrestling must be involved in the finish.

6. Provide a brief wrap-up that in some way leads to a ladder match at WrestleMania 2000 between some combination of your Stevie/Meanie/Bytch team and two of these three teams: Edge & Christian, the Hardy Boyz, and the Dudleyz.

The White Boy Challenger

Back in the 2003, Rodney Mack and Theodore Long held their "White Boy Challenge" in which each week, a different white boy would challenge Mack in a five minute match. While Rodney won all of his challenges, he ended up losing to Bill Goldberg on the June 23 episode of RAW. However, this time, Chris Jericho interfered in the match and allowed Rodney Mack to win the match, catapulting him to stardom with such a big win. For the next month and a half, Rodney Mack would go on to defeat the likes of Rob Van Dam, Scott Steiner, and even Shawn Michaels thanks to help from Theodore Long and Jazz with their underhanded tactics.

Now though, the stage is set for a "No Time Limit, White Boy Challenge" at SummerSlam 2003. Your objective is to build up lower card white boy for a match with Mack at SummerSlam. After this lower card white boy and Trish Stratus defeated Mack and Jazz, Theodore long called for the No Time Limit, White Boy Challenge. Here is what you must do.

-This certain "White Boy" must be given a personal trainer to help him train for his match at SummerSlam.

-You must write a montage of this "White Boy" preparing for his match with Rodney Mack, similar to the Vince McMahon videos in which he was training for the Royal Rumble 1999.

-Also, you must write out the White Boy Challenge match from SummerSlam. The winner can be either man, however, you must have a decisive and clean winner. Both Theodore Long and the White Boy's trainer can be at ringside, but neither man can have involvement in the finish of the match.

In it to win it like Nigel McGuinness...

Also, Rules:

The Summer of Punk

It's 2005. CM Punk has been signed by WWE, and wins the RoH Title leading to one of the biggest heel turns in wrestling history. Punk vows to leave to hallowed hall of Ring of Honor for the big city lights of Titan Towers with the RoH Title around his waist. One problem however: Punk's WWE deal falls though (much like how Claudio Castagnoli's did earlier this year). Now, it's your job to book Punk's RoH Championship reign with Punk staying in Ring Of Honor for the long-haul (at least till the end of the year).

- Punk must keep the title until at least Glory By Honor 2005.

- This scenario must start at The Homecoming. You can re-arrange the card anyway you please. The news of Punk's WWE contract falling though must be revealed either here, or on the show directly following.

- Also at the Homecoming, Alex Shelley had a tag match against Roderick Strong and Austin Aries, where Shelley was to choose a surprise tag partner, who turned out to be Fast Eddie Vegas. However, in this scenario, Alex Shelley's partner cannot be Eddie, or any other member of the Embassy.

-American Dragon Bryan Danielson MUST return at The Homecoming. However, he cannot be in a pre-announced match on this show.

- You must at least give the results for every event until Punk drops the title. (Matches and promos involving

Punk are also highly recommended)

- The person who defeats Punk for the title must be a first time RoH Champion, and CANNOT be James Gibson.

Edited by Personal Jesus

Another set of rules, based on some booking I planned for a WCW '98 diary that never got off the ground:

Your Paragon of Virtue!

In late 1998, WCW began teasing toward an absolutely awesome feud that never really happened: WCW World Television Champion Chris Jericho vs. WCW World Heavyweight Champion Goldberg. Jericho cut plenty of promos in that direction, but no actual match took place. In his book, Jericho cites it as a major reason for his departure from WCW.

In this scenario, not only does this feud take place, but Chris Jericho ends up shocking the wrestling world by becoming WCW World Heavyweight Champion.

We'll begin after the Jericho vs. Mini-Goldberg "match" at Fall Brawl '98. Immediately the next night, WCW books a match for the World Heavyweight Championship between Goldberg, Jericho, and at least one other wrestler.

So here's what we'll need from you.

1. The ending to the multi-man match on the Monday Nitro after Fall Brawl, in which Jericho shockingly gets the victory. He cannot pin or eliminate Goldberg cleanly.

2. Chart the Goldberg/Jericho feud from Jericho's title victory to Starrcade. During that time, Jericho must feud with one of the nine participants in the WarGames match at Fall Brawl: either Diamond Dallas Page, Roddy Piper, the Warrior, Kevin Nash, Sting, Lex Luger, Hollywood Hogan, Bret Hart, or Stevie Ray. The person you select must be the WarGames victor (DDP in real life) and must face Jericho for the belt at Slim Jim™'s Halloween Havoc.

3. Include at least one promo in which Jericho reveals some part of his master scheme to defeat the seemingly indestructible Goldberg. It may be a stable, it may be a ruling by a WCW official, it may be anything you want. Be creative.

4. Write the ending (the last four eliminations) of the World War III battle royal, in which Goldberg wins. Jericho must appear in some way.

5. Write out in full the WCW World Heavyweight Championship match between Chris Jericho and Goldberg at Starrcade '98. This may be a stipulation match of any kind if you wish. Goldberg must win cleanly.

6. Include a brief wrap-up that summarizes Goldberg's and Jericho's next major feuds. Keep in mind that Jericho is suddenly one of WCW's top heels and may be booked in a major feud, and keep in mind that Goldberg will need a strong opponent heading into 1999.

Two sets of rules - one really open ended, and one specific.

Character and Feud Development

Disclaimer - somebody mentioned this in the last one. I don't know who, and if I'm stealing your old idea, I'm sorry - no harm intended.

Your mission is to write out the main event of a fictional company's big show. The fictional participants? Up to you. The reasons for the feud? You need to show those in the pre-match promos.

Basically, this is a test to see how well you can flesh out well-developed characters and logical, compelling feuds. You will write two pre-match promos from the participants, and then write the match. Your success depends not only how good the promos and match are, but how well you are able to convey their characters and motivations for the feud, both in the interview and the match itself.

You must include:

1) A brief description of the company, its level, its style, and the significance of the show - is it a national Sports Entertainment company at a transition show right after their only PPV, or is it a regional hybrid company risking their existence on a large arena show?

2) The promos from each participant in the one-on-one match - you can include managers, interviewers, etc. You must get across their gimmick, their character, and why this match/feud is happening - did somebody spill coffee on somebody else, or is the underdog champ going against the unstoppable heel? Your choice on whether or not the title is involved.

3) The match - again, looking to see their characters in the match itself. Again, your choice on any stipulations or gimmicks attached to the match.

Open ended, but I think some people could do a lot with this idea.

2008 King of the Ring re-do

With William Regal's suspension thanks to the wellness plan, let's see how you can do with re-doing the 2008 King of the Ring.

You must include:

1) A brief overview of the 4 opening round matches, and the two semi-final matches.

2) A promo from one participant in the finals.

3) The final match in its entirety.

4) The next week's coronation ceremony, where the ceremony is interrupted by somebody to kick off the next feud for the king.

Stipulations:

1) The following people cannot be involved in any way: William Regal, CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Ken Kennedy, Finlay, Hornswoggle

2) You must include a former or current WWE or World champion in the tournament, but they cannot win.

3) Somebody who is outweighed by at least 100 pounds must win their first round match by pinfall or submission cleanly.

3a) Said person can't be Hornswoggle.

4) Each match must end in pinfall or submission, and only one of the prelims can have interference.

5) In the interview, the finalist must mention three former Kings of the Ring - your choice on how to include that.

6) At the coronation ceremony, the King will be given something special - and in usual fashion, when the ceremony is crashed, it will be destroyed or used as a weapon.

Haven't decided if I want to take part or not, but I can definitely toss up some rules ideas for you JStarr. Can you give me an idea or two I can use as a guideline for how much commitment to be looking for?

We don't need anything terribly huge. Something about the size of the one TGC posted up would be good for the early rounds.

And, if I may, I'd like to introduce our panel of judges, now that I have official confirmation from all of them:

Playing the Simon Cowell role of ripping all of you some new assholes will be the one and only DMN.

Playing the Paula Abdul role of probably being pretty positive (mainly because we know he's already used to playing the woman) will be JP Sousa.

And playing the Randy Jackson role of somewhere in the middle (and possibly calling a lot of people "dawg") will be the aforementioned TGC.

Good luck impressing all three.

For us Brits who don't know the American Idol judges - DMN is Simon Cowell, TGC is Louis Walsh and JP Sousa is Sharon Osbourne. :P

When are sign ups for this due in by? I have to weigh up whether its worth me going out in the first round >_>

I'll say Friday night, midnight. By then, I hope to have a good pool of rules to draw from.

I'm in & here are some rules.

Scenario:

On May 19th 2006, Kane went to Smackdown & defeated then World Heavyweight champion Rey Mysterio in a special appearance on the blue brand. Before this though, Kane was acting very strange about this date & was becoming fixated about something that had happened on May 19th. It turned out it was when his parents died or something, but what if that changed?

Your Job:

To make Kane a credible main eventer on Smackdown, where he wins the World Heavyweight Championship at SummerSlam.

Restrictions:

Kane must have a new reasoning for his fixation with the May 19th date.

Kane is not allowed to turn face AT ALL.

Kane must show up on May 19th Smackdown in whatever capacity you wish.

Kane must win at SummerSlam.

What Needs To Be Included:

Kane's appearance on May 19th Smackdown.

The promo where Kane reveals his fixation with the May 19th date (Must happen AFTER May 19th)

Video highlighting Kane's feud with the World Heavyweight champion.

The SummerSlam match.