"Make More Music"

Benji

Who are the artists, whether band, solo artist, part of a band etc that you miss hearing new music from?

For me there's obviously blink-182, but I've also lately begun to wonder whatever happened to the instrumental section of Spineshank. No disrespect to Jonny's abilities, but their work was what carried the band to the heights they got to, they had a couple of new lead singers but haven't released anything since, it's a real shame because Decker and co. were a talented bunch.

Seconding is RATM/Zach de la Rocha. Need new fucking material.

Oh and tons of others I'm too lazy to talk about/think up.

I'd imagine it's only a matter of time until new stuff is made. They seem to be touring more and more and I'd imagine that they'll put out at least one more album together at some point.

A Perfect Circle is one that I wish the members had more time to do. The 13th Step is one of my favorite albums of all time and I would really love to see them put out another full record (as opposed to eMotive which was just all covers and stuff). However, with Maynard having Puscifer to go along with Tool and Howerdel having Ashes Divide, I'd imagine that I've seen the last of APC.

Memento is another band that I wish could've gotten more out. I think they could've been a lot bigger had the record label actually given a shit about them.

Rage most definitely.

Also, I like their solo diversion records (Kevin Drew's and Feist's especially), but we need another bang-up Broken Social Scene record.

Oh, and Sufjan Stevens, because Illinois is coming on three years old now and he hasn't released a full album of new state material since then.

Sarah McLachlan is the only one I can think of at the moment. I'm ignoring her latest effort, which was a goddamn Christmas album, so it doesn't really count.

I want completely new material. "Afterglow" blew my mind into pieces when I first bought it... it was just so good.

Neutral Milk Hotel. I know Jeff Mangum was involved with other things, but I want another NMH record.

John Frusciante needs another solo album.

Ben Folds Five needs another album. I know Ben Folds is doing his own thing, but I want one more Ben Folds Five album. They were just a great band.

Reuben :(

They at least need to release The Last Time as a kind of farewell single or something, chuck Blitzkrieg on as a B-Side, since that's never been recorded either. It's frustrating knowing that there's material written for a fourth album that we may never get to hear.

Otherwise, definitely RATM, although I think Blink went as far as they could go to be honest. I'd also like to see SOiL record with Ryan Coombs again, as the new guy blows.

Oh, and a new Yourcodenameis:milo album would be awesome. One of the best band names ever, too.

Edited by Dragsy

Who are the artists, whether band, solo artist, part of a band etc that you miss hearing new music from?

For me there's obviously blink-182, but I've also lately begun to wonder whatever happened to the instrumental section of Spineshank. No disrespect to Jonny's abilities, but their work was what carried the band to the heights they got to, they had a couple of new lead singers but haven't released anything since, it's a real shame because Decker and co. were a talented bunch.

Oh and tons of others I'm too lazy to talk about/think up.

When I read the topic title I came in here to say Blink 182. There are a few bands I wouldn't mind, but Blink is the only one I give a damn about.

Edited by Gene Kiniski

I don't get how a band who had a such a good album can bring out such shockingly bad music.

Reminds me of lostprophets.

Agreed. And worse, Watkins has put the kiss of death on the new album by proclaiming it to be darker and less poppy than any of their previous efforts.

Also to add to the list, Linkin Park. I just cannot get into their latest album at all. I caught the video for Leave All The REst earlier, and it's shocking. The video is also horribly contrived. There's seemingly no substance there whatsoever, it just smacks of being recorded purely to sell to as many people as possible.