Rock The Bells Festival 2008

Lowerdeck

Rock the Bells Festival Series 2008

Comcast Center, Mansfield, MA

Sat, Jul 26, 2008 12:00 PM

Scheduled to perform:

A Tribe Called Quest, Nas, The Pharcyde, Mos Def, De La Soul, Rakim, Method Man & Redman, Raekwon & Ghostface, Immortal Technique, Dead Prez, Murs, Spank Rock, Wale, Kid Sister, The Cool Kids, Santogold, Jay Electronica, B.O.B., Kidz in the Hall, Amanda Blank (lineup subject to change)

Looks bigger than last year, but this year's main eventers don't look quite as great overall as last year's (full Wu Tang, Nas, Cypress Hill, Talib Kweli). Still a pretty kick ass event if you ask me.

Anyone else going to any of the shows? I'm contemplating going to this one if I can (and have the money).

I've considered it, only I know precisely nobody else interested so I almost certainly won't. Still, of the Toronto bill...

A TRIBE CALLED QUEST, NAS, MOS DEF, DE LA SOUL, RAKIM, METHOD MAN & REDMAN, MURS, KID SISTER, THE COOL KIDS

WITH SPECIAL GUESTS: THE PHARCYDE

I'm interested in seeing all of those people. Fucking awesome lineup.

• 1 month later...
Anyone go last night?

Yes sir I did. Pretty awesome show top to bottom. The only real disappointment was Meth no-showing, but Redman surprised me by doing a decent job by himself. The second stage was some fun shit. I met a few of the artists there (Murs, Jay Electronica, and NinjaSonik) who were just hanging out after their sets. Pretty much everyone killed it, but Tribe, Nas, Ghost/Raekwon, and Cool Kids were my favorites.

It was in the court yard area that's near the entrance. The acts I saw on the second stage were Ninjasonik (also a DJ set by their DJ), B.O.B., Cool Kids, Afrika Bambaataa, and Spank Rock. There might have been a few in between B.O.B. and Cool Kids , but I left to go see Raekwon/Ghostface. There weren't many people at the second stage until Cool Kids came on, and even then there was probably 200 people.