Offical E3 Thread!

abundant

Because of your feedback, we started rethinking the entire Xbox experience. What we discovered was that we could not only provide a better experience for you, but also something that reaches out to new audiences.

What John Schappert unveiled for the world on stage at E3 was just a sneak preview, so I wanted to share some deeper details on some of the new features in the new Xbox experience.

Here is a look at some additional features you will find interesting:

· Play from hard drive. Copy your games from the game disc and play directly from the hard drive. Not only will the drive not spin, but load times are quicker, as well. Of course, you will still need the disc in the tray to prove you own the game.

· Access Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the Web. Browse and purchase Marketplace content whenever you want from Xbox.com and it downloads automatically to your console. Purchase that new map, television episode, the latest Xbox LIVE Arcade game or set up a movie to watch when you get home from work.

· Dashboard built into the new Xbox Guide. For everyone who loves the blades interface, it’s not going away; they are now built directly in to the new Xbox guide. Every feature and option is available right from the guide. You can even access your full games library at all times. No matter where you are (in dash or in game), immediately call up your games played list and directly launch a game.

· LIVE Party system. Create a party of up to eight friends, and stay with them from one game to another, or watch a Netflix movie together, or share a slideshow of your personal photos. It works with all Xbox 360 titles, not just upcoming games. LIVE Party allows up to eight people to chat in the dashboard, so you can meet up before playing.

· Xbox LIVE Primetime. This whole new category of games is going to give you more reasons to get online with your friends. Games will support everything you’d expect, like Achievements and leader boards, but many of these games will include real prizes. You can invite your friends, and even set a reminder for an upcoming show. Each game is broadcast simultaneously, so everyone is answering the same questions. Many events will have a live host, calling the shots as they happen.

· Avatars. Your online identity started as a Gamertag - it then grew into a personalized Gamercard. Now, it has evolved even further into avatars. You can express your style, check out new outfits and share this with the community. Avatars will also be integrated into Xbox LIVE Arcade games, LIVE Party, as well as retail games.

· New display support. Because you asked for it, we are adding 16X10 over VGA or HDMI, and support for 1440x900 or 1680x1050.

This is only the beginning. Over the next few months, we will share more details on the upcoming changes.

See you online,

Marc Whitten

Gamertag- Notwen

http://majornelson.com/Default.aspx

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck. Nintendo's press conference starts at 5PM GMT and I finish at 5.30 tomorrow. Sick day?

Are you serious?

No. I'm not that much of a Nintendo fanboy.

Edited by PkmnTrainerJ

It looks like the jumps are semi-automatic, like in Assassin's Creed. The stuff you can interact with are highlighted in Red, so if you see a red pipe on another building, just run and tap up on the D pad when you come to the edge of the building and you'll automatically land on the pipe. The longer jumps are made clear by the red platforms.

Eh, i'm not really liking that. I don't think the whole jumping thing works as well in first person.

Yea, as someone who's spent countless hours just simply watching Parkour videos on Youtube and such, I was pretty excited when I heard there was gonna be a game that incorporated it.

And while this still, looks, nice graphics wise, not being able to see yourself do the moves just sort of takes half the fun out of it. If there was a 3rd person/1st person option, that'd be fine, but in this generation of gaming, them not giving you that option is pretty ridiculous. At least they don't as far as I know.

Well, watched some of the videos on G4tv.com, and I gotta say, I am really excited about Fallout 3, looks to be very awesome, although I'm hoping there are more settlements/areas you can deal with in a non-violent fashion.

Ghostbusters doesn't look too bad, might be worth a try. Fable 2, only seen the co-op part, and...didn't really do anything for me. I'm sure I'll at least rent the game, but that video did nothing to hype me up.

But still, the biggest announcement was FF13, and that's all I care about or need!

Ugh, if FFXIII is going to 360, then Infinite Undiscovery better be coming to the PS3.

Give in and get a 360!

Maybe, if Fable 2 looks good enough. But right now PS3 is still more ideal for me. I wants me Tekken 6, GT5 and a few others. And I can't buy a 360 as well atm cause I need the money to get me a shiny HD TV so I can actually read the text in some games (read: GTA).

Sit closer to the screen!

Of course, cause then the illegible fuzz would be bigger!

Also, I've just taken notice of the Wii-mote thing. So stupid, it wouldn't be needed if they configured the thing correctly in the first place. <_<