Offical E3 Thread!

abundant

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My PS3 is backwards compatible? PS2 and PSX games.

You're fortunate then. As someone who lives in NYC, I can't remember the last time I walked into a game store and saw an 80 GB unit for sale. All they have are 40's and last time I checked those don't have BC on them. Unless you're lucky or willing to pay big money for a used 60/80 GB system (or overpay for someone who hoarded bundles) you're SOL when it comes to being able to play PS2 games.

Guest Offbeat Bareass
My PS3 is backwards compatible? PS2 and PSX games.

You're fortunate then. As someone who lives in NYC, I can't remember the last time I walked into a game store and saw an 80 GB unit for sale. All they have are 40's and last time I checked those don't have BC on them. Unless you're lucky or willing to pay big money for a used 60/80 GB system (or overpay for someone who hoarded bundles) you're SOL when it comes to being able to play PS2 games.

I had no idea.. I got it for Christmas too, it was my only gift.

Must have been really lucky. (H)

The format for E3 is the same as it's always been. Press conferences on the first and second day, game convention for the second, third, and fourth day.

You all need to watch G4, IGN Livewire, and Gamespot. They're doing live shows on the convention floor, featuring lengthy live demos of all the big games. Personally, PoP, Mirror's Edge, and Far Cry 2 have been my Games of the Show so far.

Edited by abundant

Unnamed Bunjie project is on hold.

Or is it?

WORKED SHOOT

It's funny seeing the overreaction from the fanboys. They're saying "fuck ms", preparing to write nasty letters to MS, and suggesting that Bungie publish their own games, cutting ties with MS.

By the way, here's Prince of Persia:

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/890/890664/vids_1.html

Edited by abundant

The format for E3 is the same as it's always been. Press conferences on the first and second day, game convention for the second, third, and fourth day.

You all need to watch G4, IGN Livewire, and Gamespot. They're doing live shows on the convention floor, featuring lengthy live demos of all the big games. Personally, PoP, Mirror's Edge, and Far Cry 2 have been my Games of the Show so far.

Mirrors Edge would interest me if it was in 3rd person...I dunno, seeing somebodys leg do parkour isnt quite as fun as seeing their whole body shift over obstacles. Saying that, I've only seen the little teaser trailer that was out a while ago so I'll have to check the e3 footage to see if it pulls off the first person combat well.

Any substantial footage from Left4Dead yet?

I'm of mixed minds on PoP. I LOVE the artistic direction, it's like a flowing illustration and it is beyond lovely. The combat looks incredible. However I don't like the platforming, seems like the orbs you go too do too much and leaves less to the user, especially with the assist lady that I forget the name of. Still looks great but I can see myself missing some of the old intricacies of PoP.

Far Cry 2 is beyond epic. Nice to hear that its coming out this holiday season, even nicer to see it running on a console with such impressive visuals.

Infamous looks promising, unfortunately for me it's PS3 exclusive.

Loved the Too Human demo so I'm looking forward to that, it brings out my inner Diablo again with the loot system and deep lore.

And for some reason Shaun White Snowboarding for the Xbox 360 looked awesome :shifty:

AND FINAL FANTASY FOR THE 360.

20080716.jpg

Penny Arcade wins.

:lol:

The Too Human demo is decent. It seems like the game could use just a little bit more polish (10 years isn't enough?) before shipping, but it also seems fun as hell. Also, according to Wiki, there's a glitch/easter egg that'll let you play Berserker or Commando, so I'm going to go through and try one of those classes out soon.

The Too Human demo is decent. It seems like the game could use just a little bit more polish (10 years isn't enough?) before shipping, but it also seems fun as hell. Also, according to Wiki, there's a glitch/easter egg that'll let you play Berserker or Commando, so I'm going to go through and try one of those classes out soon.

Yah you can unlock those too by signing off live and fast forwarding your clock to 2009/2010. You can then glitch with the stick to get the rest of the classes.

It seems that the big reveal of the new Halo from Bungie was delayed because MS had to trim their conference down to 90 minutes, so instead of shoehorning the big Halo reveal or have it revealed outside of a conference, MS wants to do the game more justice and give it a proper debut. So I guess MS isn't an unethical, uncaring, evil corporation after all. :rolleyes:

Edited by abundant