Offical E3 Thread!

abundant

Ugh, if FFXIII is going to 360, then Infinite Undiscovery better be coming to the PS3.

Give in and get a 360!

Echoed. Given that Microsoft holds the intellectual rights to IU, your hopes are somewhat fucked.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost falling asleep at Sony's conference. If this guy talking went off the stage for more than a few minutes at a time, I'd be a little less bored.

Edited by PkmnTrainerJ

Nintendo's conference sucked (outside of AC and WiiSpeak), and Sony's was underwhelming. The games I was hyped to see in action were either shown in a trailer (InFamous) or not shown at all (Killzone 2). Insomniac's games were easily the highlight from that press conference.

There was a brief blink of Buzz which I was looking forward to, but that was it. Also, I don't know why Sony still see PS2 as a market

I think it has something to do with the fact that the PS2 has sold over a hundred million consoles, and combined with the 10 million units the PS3 has shipped thats a potential of 110 homes that serve as PS2 markets.

There was a brief blink of Buzz which I was looking forward to, but that was it. Also, I don't know why Sony still see PS2 as a market

Maybe because the PS2 sold about 9 to 9.5 million units in the last year while the PS3 just barely cracked 10 million. Obviously people are still purchasing the system and I'm pretty sure they aren't doing it to listen to CDs or watch DVDs.

PS2 was last generation, surely there's got to come a time to just release a final game for the system and let it die? Don't get me wrong, I still sometimes have fun playing games such as Kingdom Hearts on it.

Edited by PkmnTrainerJ

Guest Offbeat Bareass

PS2 will always be around much like old systems are now, but I think that the focus should really be on developing better games for the new system. I believe I read an article that said they were going to ween down PS2's game releases to games they believe only the casual gamer would buy and eventually to nothing. Their logic was that all hardcore gamers who appreciate great games would upgrade.

PS2 was last generation, surely there's got to come a time to just release a final game for the system and let it die? Don't get me wrong, I still sometimes have fun playing games such as Kingdom Hearts on it.

Why would you kill a system that sold only a few hundred thousand less than your newer model in the last 12 months? That's just throwing away money that the PS3 isn't making. The installed user base for the PS2 is also at least 5x larger than the PS3 so you have a better chance of making money off of software on the older system since it costs less to make and you have more people to sell to. What it comes down to is killing off the PS2 isn't going to make people go buy a PS3, it's just going to make Sony's losses for the year that much greater.

Sony also didn't do themselves any favors by killing off backwards compatibility. There are still a lot of PS2 games due out this year and the system still sells despite being eight years old. For the price and the library of games, no game player should be without a PS2.

Any word on a new Twisted Metal game? If anything's going to get me to buy a PS3, it will be that.