2008/2009 NBA Thread v2.0

jrtdot

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God, I love Kobe. And Lamar. And Pau. And... well... fuck... all of my boys.

I'm gonna keep quiet at least until the playoffs, though. See you guys in June.

I consider it cheating when my friends play NBA 2K9 as the Lakers.

I like that trade. Heat doesn't need capspace until 2010, by which time O'Neal's contract will have expired. Also, it's a big body. Preferable to the other trade that had been discussed of Marion & Beasley for Amare Stoudemire & someone else. You could still end up with Stoudemire in 2010 without giving up Beasley.

I think the hidden key in all of this is that Miami gets Jamario Moon, who could be a very solid 6th man off the bench behind Beasley.

Apparently Moon is going to start in the short term. Miami's coach wants to keep developing Beasley as a 4 who gets spot minutes at the 3. Apparently if Beasley buffs up he can start to play some at center.

That's not good. He's barely 6'8" and he's not a defensive monster like Ben Wallace was either.

He's a scoring 4 or a slightly bigger 3, but he's definitely not a Center.

Oh and yeah, the West all-star team could probably just be the Lakers team and nobody else.

Edited by Johnny Quid