2008/2009 NBA Thread v2.0

jrtdot

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I go to NBA.com, and I am greeted with the image of Allen Iverson without braids :o

I know no one might care, but we are talking about the man who made it popular to get braids.

RIP Iverson's braids 1996-2009

I knew about the haircut yesterday when Shaq posted on twitter from the locker room. :lol:

I think as far as the dunk contest goes, if they had concentrated on the dunks rather than the corny gimmicks it would've made for a lot better viewing. Howard made it look far too easy on the 12ft rim too, he could've easily done something more impressive.

Can anybody tell me when the All-Star game will start tonight? I know the coverage starts around 1am our time but I have to be up at 6am for work so I'd like to be able to go to bed and get up just before tip.

So I go to NBA.com, and I am greeted with the image of Allen Iverson without braids :o

I know no one might care, but we are talking about the man who made it popular to get braids.

RIP Iverson's braids 1996-2009

I knew about the haircut yesterday when Shaq posted on twitter from the locker room. :lol:

I think as far as the dunk contest goes, if they had concentrated on the dunks rather than the corny gimmicks it would've made for a lot better viewing. Howard made it look far too easy on the 12ft rim too, he could've easily done something more impressive.

Can anybody tell me when the All-Star game will start tonight? I know the coverage starts around 1am our time but I have to be up at 6am for work so I'd like to be able to go to bed and get up just before tip.

Thats what made it even more impressive to me. For him to make it look that easy on 12 feet.

Well I woke up at half 12 so I just got up =\ Gonna be shattered in the morning.

Decent game so far. I'm glad I've got TNT:OT live feed on the computer cause the coverage here is diabolical. Every time there's a break they cut back to the studio and the Mark Williams lookalike and the two most boring guests in the history of mankind. Mascots dunking off trampolines over giant cactii is much more entertaining.

On a new topic.. whats happening with Jamaal Tinsley, I know he and the Pacers aren't seeing eye to eye, but is there a trade happening anytime soon or is he just gonna get paid to sit at home?

On a new topic.. whats happening with Jamaal Tinsley, I know he and the Pacers aren't seeing eye to eye, but is there a trade happening anytime soon or is he just gonna get paid to sit at home?

I heard he was filing a grievance with the player's association.

Hornets dump Tyson Chandler to OKC for Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith - apparently it was purely for salaries

also, the Celtics traded away Sam Cassell who has not even played at all this season to the Kings for a second round pick.

amazing trading day with two days left...

Chandler is actually a pretty good pickup for OKC. He's a proven big in the middle with their sea of unproven Senes and Swifts. I'm a Bulls fan so we'll see which Tyson Chandler they get, the Chris Paul near all-star or Ben Wallace-lite.

but seriously...

PG - Westbrook

SG - Durant

SF - Green

PF - This one they have a hole at for the foreseeable future. I guess you throw Collison in there

C - Chandler

If they luck into Blake Griffin this summer that team will be SICK in a couple years.