The Official Coca-Cola Leagues Thread

Adam

To be fair, my predictions in that thread are exactly the same.

Today, Accrington Stanley have been issued with a winding up order from HM Revenue & Customs, so it looks like they might be going out of business. They're blaming it on crap attendance figures, which at 1400 for a League Two club is poor, we regularly got 2500 in the league below, so I dunno why that's happened to them but it'll be a shame if they do go under. At this rate with all these teams in trouble not only will Chester and Luton be given reprieves but they'll be asking Cambridge if they wanna get promoted via losing the play-offs! :P

Out of interest, if, for example, Accrington, Darlington AND Southampton all went out of business and got chucked out of the league, what would they do? Have a 23-team League 2 for next season with both Chester and Luton getting reprieves? I know Chester are in administration as well, which makes it even worse.

The bolded part: They have Preston, Burnley, Blackburn, Man U, Man C, Bolton, Liverpool and Everton practically on their doorstep, and especially with us and burnley lowering season ticket prices each year, that must have hit them hard, as well as losing their main sponser Fraser Eagle due to bankruptcy. Would hate it if accy went out of business again mind.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha Fraser Eagle, I spent ages trying to figure out if I'd heard that name while looking at the colourfull/small stand in Ewood Park.

Then again I was in the Jack Walker stand surrounded by old bastards, no kidding I heard a woman two rows behind me shout "Give me strength!". Then they honoured a guy whose been coming to Ewood Park since 1928 and up until the end of this season was walking a mile and a half every match to get there. He's been put in a retirement home in Moffat so they had a little tribute to him, the kinda summed it up. That and the bloke behind me kept accidentally poking me with his walking stick.

Was like being in town on midday or something with all the old farts. Looked like the Blackburn End was the end to be in, they were possibly the only ones who couldn't really heard the West Brom fans deafening the entire ground with their chanting.

To be fair, my predictions in that thread are exactly the same.

Today, Accrington Stanley have been issued with a winding up order from HM Revenue & Customs, so it looks like they might be going out of business. They're blaming it on crap attendance figures, which at 1400 for a League Two club is poor, we regularly got 2500 in the league below, so I dunno why that's happened to them but it'll be a shame if they do go under. At this rate with all these teams in trouble not only will Chester and Luton be given reprieves but they'll be asking Cambridge if they wanna get promoted via losing the play-offs! :P

Out of interest, if, for example, Accrington, Darlington AND Southampton all went out of business and got chucked out of the league, what would they do? Have a 23-team League 2 for next season with both Chester and Luton getting reprieves? I know Chester are in administration as well, which makes it even worse.

Sucks for Accy, even if they do manage to survive this they'll have to reduce their budget considerably so they'd be favourites for relegation anyway.

Could so easily have been us, thankfully we're set to pull through after our stubborn wanker of a chairman finally agreed to sell up to our only bidder.

Haha Fraser Eagle, I spent ages trying to figure out if I'd heard that name while looking at the colourfull/small stand in Ewood Park.

Then again I was in the Jack Walker stand surrounded by old bastards, no kidding I heard a woman two rows behind me shout "Give me strength!". Then they honoured a guy whose been coming to Ewood Park since 1928 and up until the end of this season was walking a mile and a half every match to get there. He's been put in a retirement home in Moffat so they had a little tribute to him, the kinda summed it up. That and the bloke behind me kept accidentally poking me with his walking stick.

Was like being in town on midday or something with all the old farts. Looked like the Blackburn End was the end to be in, they were possibly the only ones who couldn't really heard the West Brom fans deafening the entire ground with their chanting.

Mate, it is well known the jack walker stand is the graveyard stand, i refuse to sit in that stand due to nobody singing and the old people giving you grief if you do.

Yeah, was with my friend. He's the Blackburn fan.

Got some decent pictures down at the front by the tunnel, coulda got some autographs but there wasn't really anyone I wanted. I got Tugays years ago, I'd only have wanted Gael's but I just got his picture instead. Love that man.

Scott Carson wouldn't even look at us :(

The mans a joke, always has been and always will. I cannot believe after he ruined Leeds with all that debt that he was even allowed to get back into football in any way, shape, or form. Everyone knows my utter disdain for Leeds United, but if anything it's because of Ridsdale's shoddy business acumen that the reasons for me hating them occurred in the first place.

He's set to be our assistant manager. I don't know what to think of it really. I know he scored a few in the Championship two years ago but his spell at Oldham was a bit crap so I'm not sure how many goals he'll get for us. But considering our predicament it's still a pretty good coup I guess.

Bah, nevermind. It was on SkySports, but I misread, it was Brown talking about how it was a mistake to select Oldham over Rovers earlier in the season, I thought he was saying it'd be a mistake to take Oldham over Rovers.

He played at the recent charity game and looked unfit and crap. I know a charity game is no platform to judge a player, but still.

Could be interesting next season if we have 40 year old Windass playing up front with 16 year old Curtis Main, who broke out this season.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/News...1678427,00.html ... lol?

1) What a pointless (well, one point <_<) punishment. Seasons over, it has no effect, dock them it next season if you want to be serious.

2) Blunts will have their lawyers out again no doubt somehow asking for an additional 3 points.

3) To be fair to the Blunts, this is hardly consistent with the whole Tevez affair.

4) What if they'd qualified for the playoffs by one point and then won the playoffs?

Well, it does make sense to be fair. They fielded an ineligible player in a game in which they drew, earning one point. Therefore, they deserve to have that point deducted from their tally because Fonte contributed to them gaining a point. As it is, it doesn't affect their league position, and I don't think the extra two points would've affected Sheffield United either, so can't see them protesting unless they've got the itch again :P

To be fair to Sheff Utd, the game should be void and they should be given the extra 2 points.

Which would have given them more motivation to go on and win more games that they didn't win and RARGH they'd have been promoted... I can see it now.