Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

And you support?

Manchester United, but I've always had a soft spot for these "underdog" teams, such as Reading a few seasons back, and both Hull and Stoke this season. :P And I always love a good ol' last minute comeback.

Oh, and before you ask me why I'm not watching the final, it's because we don't get it here in Finland - there's no channel that ever shows Carling Cup. From British football, we only get to see the Premiership and the FA Cup.

Lucky you.. if we're lucky we get a Man U game every once in a blue moon.. premier league only .. and sometimes we get other matches on PPV tv .. like prem + crap

Liverpool's squad really isn't good enough. At least not in my opinion. Just compare it to Man Utd's.

Assuming (Van de Sar, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Rafael, Hargreaves, Carrick, Park, Ronaldo, Berbatov, Rooney) is their first 11 - which, give or take in the midfield - is about right, they have the following as a back up 11:

Foster

Neville

Fabio

O'Shea

Evans

Scholes

Fletcher

Giggs

Nani

Tevez

Wellbeck

And that's still not including Anderson, Kuszczack, Tosic with youngsters like Gibson, Campbell (when he comes back) and Possebon waiting in the wings.

Liverpool on the other hand have N'Gog, El Zhar and Aurelio - who really don't compare.

You fool.

Anderson > Hargreaves.

Actually, Anderson > *

I'd take Hargreaves (or Scholes, Giggs or Fletcher from the subs list) over Anderson at the moment. Not saying Anderson is no good, but he's still a bit green in comparison.

edit: and yeah, Hargreaves had a knee operation in January that puts him out for the rest of the season.

I love Anderson, he can do no wrong in my book. Just has a different feel and style compared to most of the midfielders we have. And I love the terrifying runs he goes on at times, he just runs like fucking terminator. I'm really hoping it works out for him at United, because I think he'll get better and better.

Moscow and now Wembley, for such a young lad he sure can handle the pressure!...would be nice if he was like that during open play as well.

I really do hope Hargreaves comes back strong next season, he came in after a long transfer saga and had a very frustrating season but whenever he played he had an impact(Free Kick against Arsenal!) and also this season when he played against Chelsea he did a very good job of shutting down their fullbacks.

@Footjob Fever funnily enough there are a few Leeds fans in my school one of them still tries to wear a Viduka jersey that stopped fitting him eons ago.

Moscow and now Wembley, for such a young lad he sure can handle the pressure!...would be nice if he was like that during open play as well.

I really do hope Hargreaves comes back strong next season, he came in after a long transfer saga and had a very frustrating season but whenever he played he had an impact(Free Kick against Arsenal!) and also this season when he played against Chelsea he did a very good job of shutting down their fullbacks.

@Footjob Fever funnily enough there are a few Leeds fans in my school one of them still tries to wear a Viduka jersey that stopped fitting him eons ago.

That sounds just like half of Yorkshire <_<

I, myself, quite enjoy watching people gush over substitute Anderson and his inability to score. Just because every Man Utd fan in the world has him pegged as the next Messiah, so it's fun to watch him take a shot and narrowly miss and then look at all the Man Utd fans faces.

Then again most Man utd fans I know probably don't know who Anderson or Nani are... and probably just assume its Louis Saha returning from injury every now and again ¬_¬

I've never been greatly bothered by the fact that he hasn't scored a goal yet. I don't really get why some United fans or anyone make a big deal about it. He's had chances, numerous times he's played someone else in when he could of gone for it himself. As long as he's playing like he is, I don't really care. A goal will come sooner or later and I'm expecting it to be a rocket of a goal, but we'll see :shifty: