Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

So if one of the top six win the FA Cup this season and Man City win the UEFA Cup and finish 7th, does that open 8th up for a Europa League place? :shifty:

If Wigan, West Ham or Fulham get the extra Europa League place it'd be a waste, they'd probably struggle to make it into the groups let alone get out of them.

So if one of the top six win the FA Cup this season and Man City win the UEFA Cup and finish 7th, does that open 8th up for a Europa League place? :shifty:

If Wigan, West Ham or Fulham get the extra Europa League place it'd be a waste, they'd probably struggle to make it into the groups let alone get out of them.

Blah, we made it to the 3rd round last time we were in the UEFA Cup :P

Random teams like Zenit winning the UEFA Cup is much better than English teams I hear about every week winning it. I hope Fulham finish 7th because they're the closest thing I have to a second Prem team, basically because of Danny Murphy and Hangeland alone. If not them then Man City for the same reasons as -A-. Though I like Wigan and West Ham at the moment so it's refreshing to see them do well.

I was wondering this. I suppose if/when Essien returns he could do what he usually does and play adequately in virtually any role on the pitch. Would be a massive waste, of course.

Yeah. We'll need another left back come the summer.

Maybe we should get Jon Harley back. :shifty:

Edited by stokeriño

Speaking of Paulo Ferreira, since when did an injury to him warrant 5 hours of breaking news on Sky Sports News?.. Oh wait, sort of answered my own question there - it's Sky Sports News, that's why.

Sunderland vs. Tottenham appears to have 0-0 written over it, which I'd probably take. Saying that it'll probably 5-4 or something, although the idea of us scoring 4 or 5 goals in a match tickles me.

Ivanovic has definitely played at least one game at left back this season, IIRC. Bosingwa might even have done that as well, he seems to have a decent left foot. Barring both of those, Mancienne would probably fill in. He's pacey and has definitely played right back. In fact, even Belletti could possibly fill in at left back. He's got an alright left foot as well.

Sunderland vs. Tottenham appears to have 0-0 written over it, which I'd probably take. Saying that it'll probably 5-4 or something, although the idea of us scoring 4 or 5 goals in a match tickles me.

:rolleyes:

3 minutes it was 0-0 for. Good job it went my way, Kieran :w00t: