Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

the 5 minutes before Spurs scored were so tense and slow, then Spurs score and it feels like 1 second passed and the game had passed.

Would have preferred to win obviously, you know, get an extra 2 points and a bit closer to safety. And winning is a bit of a foreign concept of late for me, but a point is better than none I guess.

What a relief.

Ahhh it's great to have Robbie back :wub:

So up to twelfth and a win off ninth. It's just great not to be bottom with two points :P

So anyway, our last ten matches are:

Villa AWAY

Chelsea HOME

Blackburn AWAY

West Ham HOME

Newcastle HOME

Man Utd AWAY

West Brom HOME

Everton AWAY

Man City HOME

Liverpool AWAY

We need to target the West Ham, Newcastle, West Brom and Man City games for victories.

Draws away against Blackburn and Everton would be possible and it depends which Villa team turns up.

Liverpool and Man Utd....You can't hope for anything from either game but you never know, we've done Liverpool a couple of times already this season and we're always up for the big games. If Liverpool's league position is decided by the final game they may take it a bit easy.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

What a relief.

Ahhh it's great to have Robbie back :wub:

So up to twelfth and a win off ninth. It's just great not to be bottom with two points :P

So anyway, our last ten matches are:

Villa AWAY

Chelsea HOME

Blackburn AWAY

West Ham HOME

Newcastle HOME

Man Utd AWAY

West Brom HOME

Everton AWAY

Man City HOME

Liverpool AWAY

We need to target the West Ham, Newcastle, West Brom and Man City games for victories.

Draws away against Blackburn and Everton would be possible and it depends which Villa team turns up.

Liverpool and Man Utd....You can't hope for anything from either game but you never know, we've done Liverpool a couple of times already this season and we're always up for the big games. If Liverpool's league position is decided by the final game they may take it a bit easy.

Man Utd will probably have the league sown up by then too. :shifty:

I did the BBC Predictor thingy just now and had United winning the title by 14 points, City getting 7th place on goal difference ahead of West Ham and West Brom, Middlesbrough and Newcastle getting relegated. Stoke and Portsmouth only escaped by one point and both had inferior GD to Newcastle in 18th. Arsenal beat Villa to 4th by 1 point despite both winning on the final day and Spurs made it up to 11th.

I did the BBC Predictor thingy just now and had United winning the title by 14 points, City getting 7th place on goal difference ahead of West Ham and West Brom, Middlesbrough and Newcastle getting relegated. Stoke and Portsmouth only escaped by one point and both had inferior GD to Newcastle in 18th. Arsenal beat Villa to 4th by 1 point despite both winning on the final day and Spurs made it up to 11th.

I ended up having Man Utd dominate and win it on 94 points with Chelski 2nd on 79, Pool and Villa tied on 73 with Pool ahead on GD, Arsenal 5th on 72 and then Everton, West Ham, Tottenham, Man City, Fulham, Sunderland, Wigan, Bolton, Hull, Blackburn, Portsmouth and Middlesbrough, with Stoke, Newcastle and West Brom getting relegated.

I had Tottenham on a 5-4-1 run to get to 8th, so it is possible, just a very hard task.

To be honest, I'm pretty hopeful for Fulham to continue to make inroads up the table. Our home games include Stoke, Blackburn, Everton and Villa, all games which are emminently winnable at home. Our away games include Middlesborough who blow, Bolton who also blow for the most part, and a couple of others.

We also have Man United at home again, which will be a loss, and Chelsea away, which could be anything, knowing how derbies work out. We also have Liverpool.....at home, I think.

So yeah, if we keep our act together, it could work out ok.