Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Alan Shearer goes into his fourth Newcastle game on Monday looking to oversee a first managerial victory

and commented ahead of the visit of Pompey that:

"I want it to be a fantastic atmosphere from the first minute. The fans can help us and can play a massive

part in our survival.

"They have turned up in their thousands all season and have had nothing to shout about. But I'm asking them for three games to get behind us and make it a special atmosphere.

"Having played in front of those fans I know what a difference it makes and I hope the players respond in

the right way."

Graeme Danby will give a pre-match rendition of "The Blaydon Races" and the teams will enter to a four-sided wall of black and white cards. 20,000 flags are also being given out and 1,000 fans up in the Leazes Level Seven Corner will be handed scarves.

Black and white cards? I wonder if they overlooked the fact that they'll all end up on the pitch once we concede, or play badly for a stretch of time.

I'm looking forward to the game, I just always hate when the manager puts out the stock "get behind the team because we're shite and can't ignite the fans with the on-field performance" interview.

You mean concede or play badly for a while? Those are almost certain. I can imagine them ending up on the pitch. Any game I've been to with random bits of paper/card given out, they've always ended up on the pitch.

Edited by Ben E.

Angry Geordies normally protest outside of an empty stadium for the Sky Sports News cameras to vent their anger.

It is funny/verging on annoying when the older people sitting near me in the stand shout instructions at the players, followed by an insult... Usually racist.

That does my fucking head in when you get mini managers sitting behind you. I was at a St. Johnstone/Partick Thistle game a few weeks ago and I swear to god, the guy behind me would not shut his fucking mouth for two seconds. Fair play, we're all entitled to have a shout and a moan, but this guy was unreal.

Speaking of racism, I heard the best thing a few years ago. A black player from the away went in hard on one of our players and didn't get booked, the guy in front of me shouts, without a hint of irony, "He only got away with that because he's ethnic!". It tickled me just right.

Edited by Turbo Yannis

Course he will, it'll be disrespectful to the Hull players to cellebrate a goal, and a deliberate dig at him. He's a twat, I can't believe I used to defend him. He's gone well down in my books this season, as has Martin O'Neil, both whingy fuckers. I hop Blackburn go down allong with Newcastle, but that probably won't happen

What a joke. It's been our title to throw away time and time again and yet again, we seem to be doing so. Two almost laughable goals to concede. And please Ferguson, get fucking Nani off of the pitch for crying out loud.

I guess I can always hope for another Macheda miracle, but right now things are looking terrible. Cant see us ever winning this game, simple as that.

I will let Robbie Keane jizz on my face if Spurs win this.

You can get in line behind me mate!

This was obviously Rafa's plan all allong, sell Keane knowing he'd do well against United

EDIT: I was getting my results from a mate who for some reason told me Keane scored, I have no idea why

Edited by MGW