Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Nice goal from Giggs, although somebody needs to remind Scholes how to put the ball in the back of the net. Looked good so far, could of had a few more than that and despite the fact that Boro are in the drop zone, I always worry about playing them. Hopefully the second half goes the same.

Middlesbrough are fucking awful. Tuncay and possibly the two centre backs aside, that's a Championship team. Marlon King and Aliadiare are the worst attack in the league by a long, long way.

Have to agree, certainly on King, don't see hardly anything in that guy. Tuncay on the other hand I strangely love, I think he's actually a really good player. I'm still not bothered if they go down though, any team with Downing in it deserves to be relegated (Y)

Yeah, Tugay won't be playing for Blackburn next season.

Although I hardly doubt Tuncay will stick at the Riverside. Downing will go join a team who think he's good, I wish he were right footed - he'd be about the 10th best winger then. If that. Because he uses his left peg he's heralded as something fantastic, hate that guy.

Bizarrely Afonso Alves will probably be the one who leaves to the bigger and better team, despite being an average fatty.

Some of these Boro crosses have been fantastically accurate, Van Der Sar doesn't need to move usually they just land in his arms. As for the crosses for the 25 foot tall striker Boro seem to think they are playing, well they're even better.

Middlesbrough are fucking awful. Tuncay and possibly the two centre backs aside, that's a Championship team. Marlon King and Aliadiare are the worst attack in the league by a long, long way.

Have to agree, certainly on King, don't see hardly anything in that guy. Tuncay on the other hand I strangely love, I think he's actually a really good player. I'm still not bothered if they go down though, any team with Downing in it deserves to be relegated (Y)

Tuncay's a quality player, when Boro go down I'd love us to sign him. I feel sorry for him at the moment, stuck playing with this load of guff.

ahaha, anyone see that kid in the crowd when Alves fell over? "Go on... aaah fucking hell you porky piece of shit."

Edited by therockbox

Good victory for us, although we really should of had more than two, I'd of liked a few more just to get ahead of Liverpool on goal difference as well, as that can still play a factor come the end of the season. Thought Berbatov actually had a good game, nothing amazing but he did well on the ball, got a lot of people to win over that's for sure. Despite no real pressure either, Foster had a solid game, dealt with the crosses well. Very happy with that performance, still hoping on that Newcastle miracle tomorrow.

Ugh the Daily Express is saying that Liverpool and Man Utd will battle it out for Aaron Lennon this summer.

Just leave out players alone - you both know that he'll end up being average for your teams just like Berbatov, Carrick and Keane so push off. I'd rather have Lennon than 20 mil which we'll spend on some average African player or something. I hate Spurs not being a top four team cos the big teams come a sniffing and the bitches run off to join them.

Aaron, stay with us, even though we kinda suck sometimes. At least you'll be treated as some kind of god at Spurs despite your shortcomings....

Ugh the Daily Express is saying that Liverpool and Man Utd will battle it out for Aaron Lennon this summer.

Just leave out players alone - you both know that he'll end up being average for your teams just like Berbatov, Carrick and Keane so push off. I'd rather have Lennon than 20 mil which we'll spend on some average African player or something. I hate Spurs not being a top four team cos the big teams come a sniffing and the bitches run off to join them.

Aaron, stay with us, even though we kinda suck sometimes. At least you'll be treated as some kind of god at Spurs despite your shortcomings....

Carrick is average? I think he's been fantastic for us at times, great player to have actually.

And I totally agree with the above, keep Lennon. I've always found him overrated, but that's my opinion. I used to cream over him like so many others many years ago, then I really went off him when I realised he wasn't actually anything great. He's got fantastic speed...and yeah, that's about it for me. I'll give him that he's really started to improve his balls into the box a little more lately, because they used to be really horrendous, but he's finally picking up on that. He's not a bad player, but he's certainly not someone I'd want on our team, so I almost pray we don't even attempt to go for him.