UEFA Cup 2008/2009

actionpad

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fat Adriano was at Inter Milan, quit and returned home to play with Fluminese his home town team (or it could be Flamengo). This is a 23 year old striker. (EDIT: Could be 21 or 22 actually, hardly matters). The fat Adriano is probably pushing 30 these days, and this ones credited as Luiz Ardiano as opposed to just Adriano.

Scores 1-1. Luiz Adriano scored the first, then Naldo the Werder Bremen centre back took a freekick and the goalkeeper dropped it in his net (cue 1990's joke from Robbie Euell, then again.. he is a 1990's player). The commentators seem to have bigged up Werder better than they've been playing in my opinion, every now and again Shakhtar just sort of say "right, we'll have an attack" pass the ball better than most teams can dream of, link up perfectly and fashion a good chance. Couple of times now Bremen defenders have been called to make last ditch clearances off crosses that otherwise were being diverted.

Would be better if Diego was playing I reckon but oh well :(

Edited by IAceI

I'm going to have to disagree with Jimmy (which isn't surprising since he's a bit of a moron), but I don't think that was a penalty/goal at the end with Pizarro/Chrygynsky. It was more the pull then push of Pizarro than anything in particular but he had hold of his arm and pulled him back, then pushed him in the top of the back making him go forwards. It wasn't blatant, but I'd probably have said the same and given a free kick to Donetsk.

Now after that completely unbiased review is out the way.

DONETSK! DONETSK! DONETSK!

I do like Bremen mind, and Schaaf. He's a fearsome looking fella. But I wanted Donetsk to win tonight. :)

Edited by IAceI

Wow, I'd hate to travel abroad to see my team lose in a major final [insert your jokes regarding unlikeliness here]. Feel sorry for you Matzat.

Apard from the game being terrible (wich i dident realy mind becaus of it being cloth it still head the engery of hope and fear) and lost it was a great trip, i had lots of fun, maybe i´ll linke my photos in here wen i sorted them a bit. Turkey is awsome, the turkish people are great. Shure it would have been even better if we had won... but still, a great experience i would not like to have missed. :-)

Those photos were pretty neat, I was expecting more of the actual match before realising that you hadn't gone all that way to Turkey to watch something through a screen :P

But yeah, watched the match last night hoping for a Werder Bremen win and was surprised how absolutely brilliant Donetsk were. Those saves by Wiese saves really stopped the game from being dead before half time and the Naldo free kick was just epic.

But yeah, better team won in the end >_<

• 2 weeks later...