UEFA Cup 2008/2009

actionpad

Arsenal/United looks like it could be one of the best European ties in recent years and I cant believe anyone would say it's not 'fresh'. Europe is a completely different stage and these two haven't met there. Arsenal just so happen to be getting players back to fitness and are finally hitting form again. I think it'll be the best two legged tie of the competition, but we'll see I guess.

Somehow, I think that whatever happens, Chelsea and Liverpool fans will politely disagree.

Yeah, maybe I sound biased really. Chelsea/Liverpool was fantastic and it'll be hard to ever top that, but I've got high expectations, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Is the first leg at Emirates?

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wondered that the other night, and was a little downheartened when I found out we had to go to the Emirates in the second leg. I suppose it's all fair considering last year, we were at home in the second leg for both the quarter's and semi's.

I think we need to do better than just draw against Arsenal in the first leg. 2-0 win, please.

Also, why is all of this in the UEFA Cup thread? :/

Rangers had to do 4 in 10 on the same week of the final last year.

But not against one and the Same team over and over again. It could end up being Bremen vs Hamburg 4 Times if both teams make it to the semi. Plus Hamburg and Bremen are local rivales, about one houre apared (by car/train) - So it´s like Rangers vs Celtic and not jsut any game betwen teams from the same nation.

22.04.2009 Hamburg vs Bremen - DFB Pokal Semi Finale (It´s the national Cup, with teams from all divisions)

30.04.2009 Bremen vs Hamburg - Possible UEFA Cup Semi Finale

07.05.2009 Hamburg vs Bremen - Possible UEFA Cup Semi Finale

08. - 10.05.2009 Bremen vs Hamburg - Bundesliga Gameday 31.

Read you wrong thought you were saying about how many games they were playing not that it was against the same team that's mental.

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. It´s happening!

Hamburg vs Bremen DFB Pokal, 1:1 after 120. - Bremen wins the Penalty Shootout 4-1 with Tim Wiese deflecting 3 penaltys (and having his and on the one that went in)

Whooooooo NAtional Cup Finale, three more wins against Hamburg to go!

So with all the Champions League bickering on the go, let's turn our attentions to some of my favourite level of football. The UEFA Cup, Shaktar and Kiev are currently locked at 1-1 (2-2) and on course for extra time.

Not caught all of the match, it's back and forth though - as the game should be and the players seem to have plenty of space to move and perform. Winner goes through to face the winner of Hamburg vs. Werder Bremen which is on later and stands at 1-0 to Hamburg (an away goal - although it's rendered useless. If Bremen score then they're locked at 1-1 and it's level on away goals, next time away goals come in to use would be at 2-2 and Bremen would have 2 of them (be leading 2-1 on the night)) but it's still an advantage into the second leg.

Should be a fun night. Ukraine vs. Germany in the final, whatever the weather.

So with all the Champions League bickering on the go, let's turn our attentions to some of my favourite level of football. The UEFA Cup, Shaktar and Kiev are currently locked at 1-1 (2-2) and on course for extra time.

Not caught all of the match, it's back and forth though - as the game should be and the players seem to have plenty of space to move and perform. Winner goes through to face the winner of Hamburg vs. Werder Bremen which is on later and stands at 1-0 to Hamburg (an away goal - although it's rendered useless. If Bremen score then they're locked at 1-1 and it's level on away goals, next time away goals come in to use would be at 2-2 and Bremen would have 2 of them (be leading 2-1 on the night)) but it's still an advantage into the second leg.

Should be a fun night. Ukraine vs. Germany in the final, whatever the weather.

You mean 3-2?

And yes .. I'm very excited about this too, my family descending from Hamburg, I'm obviously rooting for HSV

And with 2 minutes to play Shakhtar get the 2nd goal that will send them through. They've looked the most likely to score, Milevski for Kiev probably been their best player but otherwise Shakhtar have looked like the team that are going to win.

Ilsinho the goalscorer, oddly enough when I had a long running game on FM with Sao Paulo I once sold Ilsinho for £3.5m to Shakhtar. I'll take partial credit for engineering the move I suppose ¬_¬

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Today we beat em again!

2-0 in the Bundesliga!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAaaaaa :-D

Already bought my Ticket to Istanbul... still need to decide on what plane to catch... but seriusly... this is so awsome that winning the final almost becomes econdary.... i hope we do... it would be awsome being there..... but right now it´s the universal Hamburg fail against us that makes me OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH so Happy! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

22.04.2009 Hamburg vs Bremen - DFB Pokal Semi Finale; 1 - 1, Tim Wiese kills 3 Penaltys in the SHootout and Werder goes through to the Finale in Berlin!

30.04.2009 Bremen vs Hamburg - Possible UEFA Cup Semi Finale; 0 - 1; Hamburg Wins 0,125 Euro Points

07.05.2009 Hamburg vs Bremen - Possible UEFA Cup Semi Finale; 2 - 3; Bremen goes to Istanbul

10.05.2009 Bremen vs Hamburg - Bundesliga Gameday 31.; 2 - 0; Bremen dos not care about the Points, but Hamburg goes down from having a shot at the League Title to Rank 6 (not even a UEFA Euro League Qualifier)

They will have nightmares about these 19 Days for the rest of their lives!

• 2 weeks later...