UEFA Cup 2008/2009

actionpad

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers had to do 4 in 10 on the same week of the final last year.

But not against one and the Same team over and over again. It could end up being Bremen vs Hamburg 4 Times if both teams make it to the semi. Plus Hamburg and Bremen are local rivales, about one houre apared (by car/train) - So it´s like Rangers vs Celtic and not jsut any game betwen teams from the same nation.

22.04.2009 Hamburg vs Bremen - DFB Pokal Semi Finale (It´s the national Cup, with teams from all divisions)

30.04.2009 Bremen vs Hamburg - Possible UEFA Cup Semi Finale

07.05.2009 Hamburg vs Bremen - Possible UEFA Cup Semi Finale

08. - 10.05.2009 Bremen vs Hamburg - Bundesliga Gameday 31.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

But not against one and the Same team over and over again. It could end up being Bremen vs Hamburg 4 Times if both teams make it to the semi. Plus Hamburg and Bremen are local rivales, about one houre apared (by car/train) - So it´s like Rangers vs Celtic and not jsut any game betwen teams from the same nation.

22.04.2009 Hamburg vs Bremen - DFB Pokal Semi Finale (It´s the national Cup, with teams from all divisions)

Read you wrong thought you were saying about how many games they were playing not that it was against the same team that's mental.

• 4 weeks later...

Read you wrong thought you were saying about how many games they were playing not that it was against the same team that's mental.

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. It´s happening!

Fuck Hamburg the cunts :angry:

Great effort from City. Elano was good and all, but there was no need for the commentators to act like he had a magical game, when a lot of his passing was WAY off. I think SWP would of added a great deal to the team. Gutted they didn't go through and the final four doesn't interest me one bit, so I'll look forward to next year.

Fuck Hamburg the cunts :angry:

Great effort from City. Elano was good and all, but there was no need for the commentators to act like he had a magical game, when a lot of his passing was WAY off. I think SWP would of added a great deal to the team. Gutted they didn't go through and the final four doesn't interest me one bit, so I'll look forward to next year.

You're gutted City didn't go through? Are you still a Utd fan?

I don't really care if it's City. They're English and there's no way I'm rooting a German team over them (Y)

Maybe I should detest them, but they worked their asses off and gave me a fantastic game to watch, I felt they deserved to go through and there's no shame in admitting that.

I've never understood the whole 'oh theyre english lets cheer them on!' thing. If its a rival team, surely you want to see them lose? Do you want your rivals to be gloating at you about how well they did in Europe? If Leeds ever get into Europe again I want to see them trounced by Olimpia Nicosia, not getting a glorious final against Juventus or whatever.

I know Leeds aren't exactly local rivals btw, but I wasn't using Barnsley or Rotherham as an example :mellow:

Good to see City out, I'd like to see one of the German teams win it now.

Do you like any teams? :shifty:

I agree on the whole "Oh they're English thing"... in the case of some teams, Liverpool for instance, I can get behind it, but if I don't like the team, I'll gladly have the foreigners win.

You'll notice it's mainly glory seeking supporters (not fans) that do it anyway.

I don't really support English teams because they're English, but I like most of the Big 4 anyway. Of all of them I have a bias against United because I hate Ronaldo and detest Ferguson, but that's it. I was probably just about hoping for them to beat Porto simply because they're the better team and I like the better team going though, usually. An upset every now and then's nice and it's a bit disappointing that we're seeing an Arsenal/United semi that's something we see all the time, but there we go.

Well, to be fair, we don't often see Arsenal-Man U in this competition, it's always Liverpool-Chelsea and Man U-Chelsea, isn't it? I'm just hoping we don't get a repeat of a recent final, Liverpool-Milan II just wasn't anywhere near the same, and we could end up with Arsenal-Barca or Man U-Chelsea again.

And Sheff U runs in one side of my family, so everyone kind of likes them and hates Wednesday. That usually holds true for all Rovers fans actually, but only because Wednesday are the only one of the two we've played in the league in recent times before this season.

Well, to be fair, we don't often see Arsenal-Man U in this competition, it's always Liverpool-Chelsea and Man U-Chelsea, isn't it? I'm just hoping we don't get a repeat of a recent final, Liverpool-Milan II just wasn't anywhere near the same, and we could end up with Arsenal-Barca or Man U-Chelsea again.

And Sheff U runs in one side of my family, so everyone kind of likes them and hates Wednesday. That usually holds true for all Rovers fans actually, but only because Wednesday are the only one of the two we've played in the league in recent times before this season.

Man Utd have only played another English side once - Chelsea in the final last year. But I think -A- was talking about we get it twice a year guaranteed, it's not quite as fresh as Arsenal/Porto might be.

Arsenal/United looks like it could be one of the best European ties in recent years and I cant believe anyone would say it's not 'fresh'. Europe is a completely different stage and these two haven't met there. Arsenal just so happen to be getting players back to fitness and are finally hitting form again. I think it'll be the best two legged tie of the competition, but we'll see I guess.

Arsenal/United looks like it could be one of the best European ties in recent years and I cant believe anyone would say it's not 'fresh'. Europe is a completely different stage and these two haven't met there. Arsenal just so happen to be getting players back to fitness and are finally hitting form again. I think it'll be the best two legged tie of the competition, but we'll see I guess.

Somehow, I think that whatever happens, Chelsea and Liverpool fans will politely disagree.

I want to see Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea all do well. I'm not a big fan of Liverpool, don't want to seem the succeed domestically but feel a small inkling towards them on the European stage.

And I've always enjoyed the UEFA Cup level teams of England, Spurs, Villa, Everton, Man City and the like. And want to see them do well, I think I agree with Jonny though (ugh) in that, they deserved to go through, they battered Hamburg for the most part and I thought they were going to do it. I could get behind them, they put up a fight and that's great to see.

Would have preferred Marseille to win this years competition but I quite like the idea of Shakthar giving it a go. It's what I love about the UEFA Cup so much, a chance for the Eastern European sides to shine.